Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU vs Michigan Game Thread - Sunday 2/12 @ 1:00 ET

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Post-game:  Crean: "Thomas Bryant is working tail off to become a leader of the team. He needs a little more help."

WRONG!  TB needs to sit and let DD play.  The numbers don't lie; DD is more productive than TB.

6'10 and throwing up more 3s than 2s at one point

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Post-game:  Crean: "Thomas Bryant is working tail off to become a leader of the team. He needs a little more help."

WRONG!  TB needs to sit and let DD play.  The numbers don't lie; DD is more productive than TB.

Bryant has been victimized by Crean's big man development for two years too though.

Davis could be the same way if he was subjected to that.

Just an awful performance. With everything on the line we were beyond flat. It seems like rojo and JBJ have checked out. I've tried to be supportive of CTC, but I'm done. This is not and has not been iubb. I hope the frosh don't xfer when they can him. My lineup next time out would be DD, DG, JK, JM and TB.

This was a typical Indiana Hoosier basketball game. 

Offense: Relying too much on the ISO. Yes Josh got to the basket a few times, good for him. But we have a serious problem of having the ball stick outside the three point line until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock. The ball hardly gets passed inside the post in which our freshman Davis has shown he has scored. Yet, we refuse to let him get touches consistently. Does that ring a bell? Of course it should, the same crap happened with Cody Zeller/Noah Vonleh/Thomas Bryant. Crean has this desire of his centers playing outside and driving in or shooting threes, he's had some luck of landing such players to do so but he has failed to make the acknowledment that IT DOESN'T WORK. Let the bigs play big. Next year Davis will be shooting threes and playing outside in.. just watch.

Defense: We're just not a smart team on defense, maybe its the lack of leadership or IQ, but Michigan exposed us badly by spreading the floor and making us over-help on defense. 

Turnovers: I mean theres not much to say about this topic anymore, we know we're going to turn the ball over way too much. It's a shame we settle for this type of play.

Today was basically Tom Crean's legacy at IU in a nutshell. 

3 hours ago, Class of said:

This. Crean's comments indicate that he has no clue what he's doing. Sometimes I wonder if he's even watching the same games we are.

This was a typical Indiana Hoosier basketball game. 

Offense: Relying too much on the ISO. Yes Josh got to the basket a few times, good for him. But we have a serious problem of having the ball stick outside the three point line until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock. The ball hardly gets passed inside the post in which our freshman Davis has shown he has scored. Yet, we refuse to let him get touches consistently. Does that ring a bell? Of course it should, the same crap happened with Cody Zeller/Noah Vonleh/Thomas Bryant. Crean has this desire of his centers playing outside and driving in or shooting threes, he's had some luck of landing such players to do so but he has failed to make the acknowledment that IT DOESN'T WORK. Let the bigs play big. Next year Davis will be shooting threes and playing outside in.. just watch.

Defense: We're just not a smart team on defense, maybe its the lack of leadership or IQ, but Michigan exposed us badly by spreading the floor and making us over-help on defense. 

Turnovers: I mean theres not much to say about this topic anymore, we know we're going to turn the ball over way too much. It's a shame we settle for this type of play.

Today was basically Tom Crean's legacy at IU in a nutshell. 

A buddy today referred to the offense as 'weave and heave'. Sounds a lot like what we're seeing.

The defense is porous and yeah, turnovers is an issue … maybe if we played a little faster … or, more realistically, tried to actually run an offense with set plays that involved discipline, some fundamental skills and used a little patience.

15 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

This is a low point in IU Bball history----so disappointed. Looks like the team has already settled on the NIT---sad and hard to watch right now.

NIT might not be an option if we lose out which is a distinct possibility.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I would hope missing the NIT isn't possible after beating Kansas and UNC.  Of course, it is Tom Crean so I wouldn't be surprised for him to find a new level of inept.

Yeah it's definitely possible. But at least they won't play in the CBI because "it's Indiana"

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NIT might not be an option if we lose out which is a distinct possibility.

The only way I would even go to the NIT is if Crean was sent packing. Then I would be concerned we would go on a run and Glass would give a 10 year contract to the interim coach. I have no faith in Glass at this point. Let's just throw in the white towel after our first round Big tournament loss.

30 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Yeah it's definitely possible. But at least they won't play in the CBI because "it's Indiana"

That would mean missing the NIT with 2 burger boys twice, once after beating Kansas and UNC.  It would be impossible to call Crean a good coach at that point.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

That would mean missing the NIT with 2 burger boys twice, once after beating Kansas and UNC.  It would be impossible to call Crean a good coach at that point.

It's impossible to call Crean a good coach at this point right now