Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Zachary Farmer

Fire Fred Glass

I'm with you that I don't feel Glass should take a fall solely because of the sorry state of basketball.  It's our marquis program, but he's done an awfully lot of promising things with our other sports and facilities to let a lousy basketball coach cost him his job.  I'll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt at least until I know who he hires as CTC's replacement.

He signed off on Creans ridiculous contract, and he gave Wilson and extension knowing there were behind the scenes issues later leading to his resignation. Personally, I think a better vision should have lead to a new Assembly Hall that seats more with better viewing for all in attendance. I posted his quote only to prove his fandom of Crean which blinds him to the bigger picture. If Crean is let go or moves on, I have zero confidence he will get the next hire right.

Lol yeah I know. It would just be the only conceivable reason I can think of to keep Crean around another year. Otherwise we're wasting our time. 

This is a men's basketball school. I honestly don't care what he has done for women's basketball or wrestling, etc. I want to know what has he done for men's bball.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Did Glass make the right hire with wbb, baseball and soccer coaches? Asking since I dont follow all sports like mbb. Seems like we used to win championships in soccer.

I would say yes. Moren has the WBB team consistently ranked and winning even after the Miller ordeal. Yeagley won a national championship here in 2012 and we still make the tournament regularly. Baseball, someone else would have to speak on, because I don't follow our baseball team really at all. I think he knocked it out of the park with the football situation too, all things considered.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is a men's basketball school. I honestly don't care what he has done for women's basketball or wrestling, etc. I want to know what has he done for men's bball.

Yes we are a MBB school, but that doesn't mean all the other sports don't count. IU brings in a lot of money from Football, baseball and soccer. WBB is getting good and will start to generate money. Swimming has always been at least above average. I personally like Glass and he has marketed us into a rebuilt AH and Cook Hall. The Cuban Center comes regardless. He has done his job well. Not great, but very well. If he makes a change for MBB I will fully be behind him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Yes we are a MBB school, but that doesn't mean all the other sports don't count. IU brings in a lot of money from Football, baseball and soccer. WBB is getting good and will start to generate money. Swimming has always been at least above average. I personally like Glass and he has marketed us into a rebuilt AH and Cook Hall. The Cuban Center comes regardless. He has done his job well. Not great, but very well. If he makes a change for MBB I will fully be behind him.

Basketball and football are the only sports that bring in a profit... WBB loses more than any of the other sports. 

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/03/13/indiana-university-purdue-indiana-state-ball-state-ipfw-iupui-rowing-tom-crean-ncaa-financial-report/70207772/

I highly doubt they think like this at kentucky or duke.

Then go root for their men's basketball teams. It's actually ok if people choose to enjoy sports other than men's basketball, which a ton of IU supporters do.

12 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I would imagine they do whatever they can to breed success in all sports, as any athletic director with half a brain would try to do. 

Then go root for their men's basketball teams. It's actually ok if people choose to enjoy sports other than men's basketball, which a ton of IU supporters do.

Exactly!! If you love IU just for hoops it means you root for a different college football team which means your probably a fair weather fan. If you want to be like Duke please lets be like Duke where if you talk anything other than basketball the lacrosse issue is brought up. Lol not even Duke and UK solely care about MBB. It is their big money generator yes. I love IU sports. I have been to just as many baseball games as football. I have been to plenty basketball games. Heck believe it or not I took a date to campus on a non sporting event day just to be on the campus. I live 3 hours away. I get the frustration but this thread is a joke, if you are bashing Glass directly for basketball and only basketball. I think Glass is put on the hot seat if Crean stays and fails again next year he probably is fired, but he has done some good around the university.

Fred glass has not done anything wrong with the basketball program yet besides the questionable crean extension prior to him proving a darn thing lol. If crean goes passed this season then he is messing it up and should be fired on that basis alone imo. I love iu football but the basketball program is the flagship here and should be placed high above all other sports. I think he is doing awesome with football now time to improve basketball big time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Exactly!! If you love IU just for hoops it means you root for a different college football team which means your probably a fair weather fan. If you want to be like Duke please lets be like Duke where if you talk anything other than basketball the lacrosse issue is brought up. Lol not even Duke and UK solely care about MBB. It is their big money generator yes. I love IU sports. I have been to just as many baseball games as football. I have been to plenty basketball games. Heck believe it or not I took a date to campus on a non sporting event day just to be on the campus. I live 3 hours away. I get the frustration but this thread is a joke, if you are bashing Glass directly for basketball and only basketball. I think Glass is put on the hot seat if Crean stays and fails again next year he probably is fired, but he has done some good around the university.

That reminds me of those damn turncoat fans. IU basketball but Notre Dame football. Oh god that enrages me to the highest degree. Glass has done a great job with football, women's basketball and baseball. All of those sports have improved since he took over as AD. But I've been on record as saying that if Glass brings back Crean after this season, he needs to go too

I am saying basketball should be far and away his number one priority. What am I missing on that? He stated some awful lofty goals he wants for bbal so he needs to deliver then.

That reminds me of those damn turncoat fans. IU basketball but Notre Dame football. Oh god that enrages me to the highest degree. Glass has done a great job with football, women's basketball and baseball. All of those sports have improved since he took over as AD. But I've been on record as saying that if Glass brings back Crean after this season, he needs to go too

Right lol!! The reversible starter coats with IU basketball and ND football. I hate that that is a thing. I agree to an extent that his job should be in jeopardy if Crean is brought back only cause how bad next season could potentially be. If it looked better I would say he was on the hot seat with next year firmly. I could see it costing him his job I just personally don't think he should. I want Crean gone just as much as everyone else. I just don't think firing your biggest sport coach and AD at the same time isn't a good idea for IU sports all together. A new AD probably gives Crean next year still and maybe even longer based on not being around the program for all the negativity their last few years. I am js it could set us back with the Crean firing.

18 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Right lol!! The reversible starter coats with IU basketball and ND football. I hate that that is a thing. I agree to an extent that his job should be in jeopardy if Crean is brought back only cause how bad next season could potentially be. If it looked better I would say he was on the hot seat with next year firmly. I could see it costing him his job I just personally don't think he should. I want Crean gone just as much as everyone else. I just don't think firing your biggest sport coach and AD at the same time isn't a good idea for IU sports all together. A new AD probably gives Crean next year still and maybe even longer based on not being around the program for all the negativity their last few years. I am js it could set us back with the Crean firing.

Possibly. But I do think that Crean is gone and Glass will find a great coach to replace him. Then Fred can stay