Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Zachary Farmer

Fire Fred Glass

Yeah Fred Glass is really starting to piss me off. Tucks his tail and runs when the going gets tough. Screw him. The only way I can possibly get back on board with him is if he hires Donovan. But if he is truly this much of a coward, he's probably afraid to hire Billy Donovan anyway. Damn this is extremely infuriating

Glass just amazes me. No way in hell Crean would be for this. Ego way to high and even with the boos he would gladly take the home court advantage. Why did we even accept a bid? Absolutely embarrassing. A lot of these schools kid will be on spring break but IU with the biggest fan base in the whole event turns the chance down. Glass cant hide forever and at this point I have no faith in him basketball wise to turn this around. Crean is slowly getting me off his back as Glass is the one I am more concerned with at the moment. I would love Crean if he threw him under the bus talking about how he had no part in this.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Why commit yourself to something that the people running it aren't committed to? You give IU basketball your time, your money, your emotions. You make IU basketball great. Never forget that, even if Fred has. 

Suppose leaving is solely Crean's decision, that means neither Fred nor--the only people he said he cares about--the big money donors understand or strongly desire a quality basketball program. 

Finally, one little note for Fred--since we know the coaches and administration have people to scan the boards--after the apathy sets in on a generation of fans you never really get them back again--not as passionately. 

As FDR said: "Above all, do something."

If Fred Glass has the mindset that the decision to move on is Crean's, then that is a problem on it's own.  IU owes Crean absolutely nothing, and paid him a lot of money during his time.

Glass made crean very rich. Glass is a clown.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Are IU athletics being sabotaged by people within IU's administration? Is it possible that Fred Glass is not being allowed to fire Crean?

Let's look back to when IU basketball began its downward spiral into oblivion. It began with Miles Brand firing Bob Knight. Miles Brand, a man who while at Indiana, had likened the competition among collegiate powers in football and basketball to an arms race threatening academic integrity. When he was selected as NCAA president he said he would “look forward to being a change agent.”

Is it possible that Miles isn't the only person within IU administration that thinks this way, and that they are continuing to guide IU athletics in the same direction that Miles placed it on? Is it possible that IU is no longer interested in participating in the so-called "arms race", and we have a lifetime of mediocre basketball to look forward to?

Edited by ClapFaster

All I have noticed is that Glass made a lot of people very mad with his comments. Which has further divided the fan base, and has more people arguing with each other and more disention between the fan base. It was bad yesterday morning when the thought Crean might not be gone came out, but after last night some people on boards are ready to rip others heads off, lots of name calling, and lots of mods telling people to calm down.