Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Football 2017 Recruiting Class

I looked at this 17 class of jucos and there's a few DTs and DEs that went unsigned according to 247. Two that I liked.... 1 kid was apart of Tennessees group but was dropped to make room for someone. He enrolled at Rutgers. Left because he didn't like it. Then there's another kid who went to MSU transferred and they both were high 3-4 star during HS days 

From a 247 article a few days ago:

"Over the weekend, it was revealed that defensive lineman Cassius Peat won't be rejoining the Michigan State football program.

Peat signed with Michigan State in the 2015 class but left the Spartans last August after not participating in camp. He cited family reasons and was granted a release to transfer to Pima Community College in Tucson closer to home in Arizona.

After committing to UCLA to continue his playing career in September, Peat was invited back to Michigan State on an official visit in December and did not sign with the Bruins in February. He later said that he was planning to come back to Michigan State and enroll in classes this summer.

However, MSU coaches told Peat last week that he could not return to school at Michigan State. Peat said he was admitted back to the university and did not know why he the coaches told him no.

Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio briefly addressed the situation Tuesday but declined to get into specifics.

"It was unfortunate what was written, I can say that," Dantonio said. "I think we've been in contact with Cassius throughout the semester. There are certain things that you got to be able to get done before you can come back. So it's one of those things. But I don't want to speak bad about anybody."

Dantonio was also asked if it's still possible Peat joins the program.

"Not this fall," Dantonio said.

Spartan Tailgate has been told Peat's academics were in fact not in order, and that is why he will not be coming back to Michigan State."