Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

We have got to beat Purdue in recruiting to keep our positive momentum going and not let Brohm dominate the state. 

Unfortunately iowa and ND still have grasp here and Michigan. Purdue has some good kids but I think we have the better ones after seeing kids play

Hasn’t seen it reported anywhere on here but I read on twitter earlier today that 2018 ESPN 300 QB Gerry Bohanon was also on an unofficial visit in Bloomington this weekend. He was just offered this week (Dec 7th). Pretty quick turnaround to get him on campus. Found another article that he plans on signing this month and enrolling early at whichever school he decides on.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gerry-Bohanon-94311

Hasn’t seen it reported anywhere on here but I read on twitter earlier today that 2018 ESPN 300 QB Gerry Bohanon was also on an unofficial visit in Bloomington this weekend. He was just offered this week (Dec 7th). Pretty quick turnaround to get him on campus. Found another article that he plans on signing this month and enrolling early at whichever school he decides on.
https://247sports.com/Player/Gerry-Bohanon-94311

I can about guarantee you he is an Arkansas lock. The Chad Morris hire has really excited the Arkansas high school kids. He’s been teasing about a commitment to Arkansas with other commits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You ever heard of Reese Taylor? Or are you just blind to what’s going on lol. Kid would be a freaking 5 star if he wasn’t 5’10.

If he doesn't have something to complain about he usually doesn't post... with that said we really do need a good QB to get the offense out of the predictability we saw last season. Hopefully Ramsey or Toronto has a great spring and summer.

If he doesn't have something to complain about he usually doesn't post... with that said we really do need a good QB to get the offense out of the predictability we saw last season. Hopefully Ramsey or Toronto has a great spring and summer.

Man I like Ramsey and Tronti is great but I’ve been hearing from people close to Coach Allen that this legit might become Taylor’s team from day 1. Could be an interesting offseason to see who pulls away with it.

I say this with goodwill intended; your posting style could use improvement as it unnecessarily insults people.

We have an educated group here. In my opinion, a rightfully frustrated and jaded group. We all love the Hoosiers (besides Olivia, BlueDevil, and StBoiler ) and that's what matters.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh trust me this isn’t by accident. And I agree, there are a great deal of educated posters on here. But man since garland committed to Vandy the negativity and false, not even close to correct assumptions have just pushed me over the edge so I say some harsh comments back to a select few when I comment back to them. But I hear your constructive criticism and will begin to look past the poor posts and get over it at this point. For the best probably haha

Oh trust me this isn’t by accident. And I agree, there are a great deal of educated posters on here. But man since garland committed to Vandy the negativity and false, not even close to correct assumptions have just pushed me over the edge so I say some harsh comments back to a select few when I comment back to them. But I hear your constructive criticism and will begin to look past the poor posts and get over it at this point. For the best probably haha

I appreciate that. I think you are correct in your assessment too. I generally skip right past the totally outlandish posts. I chalk it up to frustration and general lack of much to root for besides hope.

Honestly appreciate this post. Just keep in mind the personal stuff escalates. Try to ignore those that might irritate you.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Unless....they improve, like most kids do as they get older, stronger, and more experienced.

They'd need to improve a whole lot to become an adequate line. Even if they did improve by a lot, Taylor is still tiny for a Big 10 quarterback.  

I'm not a football coach, but I work at a school and I am pretty close with some of our football coaches.  They tell me a few things about potential IU recruits that they've heard through the grapevine from other area high school coaches.  A relatively successful high school head coach from the area (not Ben Davis) says that Reece is the best QB he's every played against or seen coming out of high school.  Better than James Banks, better than Tre.  He said while all 3 were/are dynamic runners, Reece is the by far the best passer of the group already.  He also downplayed the "he's too little" thought.  He said that its not like Reece isn't having to see over and navigate through large linemen already in the MIC.  I realize the MIC is not the Big Ten, but I'm just relaying the comments I heard from a guy whose opinion is probably pretty valuable.