Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dennis

Russ Yeast - Center Grove

We didn't have much interest. He's going to Louisville I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We offered but I don't think he had much interest in playing at IU. Kids an athlete for sure, but if the coaches felt like he wasn't going to buy in. Then I'll agree with them

Just because you hold offers from places doesn't mean iu is out of the question. Lol. Look at the past classes and their offers. That was such an ignorant post lol

Ignorant post yeah your right I don't go to high school with him or anything...

And yeah there are a couple exceptions but generally speaking most wouldn't consider IU if they have an offer from Bama

And yeah there are a couple exceptions but generally speaking most wouldn't consider IU if they have an offer from Bama

Cool you go to HS with him. Like I said in my post up above he didn't have interest in playing for IU which is fine. But to say because of bama offer...... That's like me saying im not looking at this job because Lilly offered me..... He for sure would get more playing time at IU.

To your some exceptions comment. Go look at the kids we are competing for and look at the schools we have or are beating out. It's not just some exceptions.

1 minute ago, lucel15 said:

Cool you go to HS with him. Like I said in my post up above he didn't have interest in playing for IU which is fine. But to say because of bama offer...... That's like me saying im not looking at this job because Lilly offered me..... He for sure would get more playing time at IU.

Off topic, Lilly Indy??

Lots of places top ranked kids can go to get playing time other than IU(fb)

To your some exceptions comment. Go look at the kids we are competing for and look at the schools we have or are beating out. It's not just some exceptions.

Don't act like we beat out top schools all the time, that Burgess flipped from USC and people made a pretty big deal outta that because it never has happened before

Don't act like we beat out top schools all the time, that Burgess flipped from USC and people made a pretty big deal outta that because it never has happened before

I nowhere mentioned burgess. I've been following iu football ever since my cousin played there. I'm talking about competing with kids who have high offers which in the past 3-4 years IU has done. It's becoming more relevant lately. Everyone got excited because that flip came from nowhere. He was mentioned a little here and there. Then we got a visit. Then he flipped.... We weren't in the running til late. That's why people were so happy. But to your argument and to my points above. We have beat out good teams for recruits. We are no longer fighting for MAC recruits like the lynch era. We flipped Kenney and Latham let me remind you. Both highly ranked recruits out of high school. Also booth out of pike.

This kids final 3 were Illinois, Minnesota, IU so safe to say Alabama wasn't really in the picture lol

Your argument isn't Alabama in top 3. If it's Alabama in top 3 and you have IU competing. Let's say 10 kids have that scenario I say 3 out of 10 choose us.... Ratings thrown out. Just offers with top three. Then you win that argument, because 3 out of ten is 30% which is not good. And nothing to get excited about in your argument. But like I stated you said he was offered by bama. I came back with we have signed kids with bama offers. Along with Ohio state offers or highly touted offers. Lol