Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PG Mark Smith to Illinois

From what I have heard and seen on twitter he was ours but picked up interest in the Illini when Crean was let go. Mark Smith and Jordan Tucker are two good players with Smith potential to be great, but not anything or player would have me switch what we have now for these 2 and Crean back.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

From what I have heard and seen on twitter he was ours but picked up interest in the Illini when Crean was let go. Mark Smith and Jordan Tucker are two good players with Smith potential to be great, but not anything or player would have me switch what we have now for these 2 and Crean back.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, at least now we can have hope for great recruiting, great coaching, and a plan.

Archie really seems to pride himself on development. He's offering a slew of 2019 5 stars. (Brooks, Stewart, Hurt).

A lot of 2018 4 stars. And a couple 5 stars (Langford and Garland).

Crean offered high end talent too, just didn't land it with regularity. Here's to hoping Archie can recruit at a consistently high level.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah, at least now we can have hope for great recruiting, great coaching, and a plan.

Archie really seems to pride himself on development. He's offering a slew of 2019 5 stars. (Brooks, Stewart, Hurt).

A lot of 2018 4 stars. And a couple 5 stars (Langford and Garland).

Crean offered high end talent too, just didn't land it with regularity. Here's to hoping Archie can recruit at a consistently high level.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't know if I ever truly felt confident Crean and Co. could close on a recruit. At least the last few years. I'm extremely confident that the connections Archie and Co. have really want their players to go to IU and play for Archie. Archie might be young but him and his staff have been around the block and know the game. We'll see an uptick in recruiting. I wouldn't be shocked to see recruiting classes to regularly be in the top 10, based on quality not just quantity.

I don't know if I ever truly felt confident Crean and Co. could close on a recruit. At least the last few years. I'm extremely confident that the connections Archie and Co. have really want their players to go to IU and play for Archie. Archie might be young but him and his staff have been around the block and know the game. We'll see an uptick in recruiting. I wouldn't be shocked to see recruiting classes to regularly be in the top 10, based on quality not just quantity.

I felt the same way. Every time we offered a top kid or made the final list I always expected them to go somewhere else. Hopefully that's all about to changed.