Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PG Mark Smith to Illinois

Offered 2/2/17. committed 4/26/17.

New name on the radar. Was once committed to Mizzou for baseball. He said in this video we were supposed to watch this week or soon. Kids putting up some good numbers this year - 21.9 pts, 9.5 asts and 8 rebs (from an article on 1/4/17).

Edwardsville, IL (Edwardsville)
6'4"/200
AAU:

247 // Scout // Rivals // Twitter

Very impressive numbers. What level of competition is he facing?

My fiancée lives in Edwardsville (I'm actually down here right now). They play in an OK conference, but are one of the better teams in the state overall. I think he plays or has played East St. Louis (Jeremiah Tilmon) this season. And a couple other STL area teams that have some high level recruits. He plays with a kid, can't remember his name, that is the top ranked DE in football in the country going to Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My fiancée lives in Edwardsville (I'm actually down here right now). They play in an OK conference, but are one of the better teams in the state overall. I think he plays or has played East St. Louis (Jeremiah Tilmon) this season. And a couple other STL area teams that have some high level recruits. He plays with a kid, can't remember his name, that is the top ranked DE in football in the country going to Iowa.

Heard anything about him? Is he under the radar?

Heard anything about him? Is he under the radar?

Under the radar for sure. This is more of a football school as far as I know. I haven't gotten to watch them this year, I just try to keep track a little bit. It could be him, but they had another kid on the team being looked at by Illinois. Can't remember.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Under the radar for sure. This is more of a football school as far as I know. I haven't gotten to watch them this year, I just try to keep track a little bit. It could be him, but they had another kid on the team being looked at by Illinois. Can't remember.

I looked up his profile on rivals. If it's correct, he has offers from Illinois, K-State, Missouri, DePaul, and Northwestern.

3 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Very impressive numbers. What level of competition is he facing?

Edwardsviile is good enough to have beaten Jordan Goodwin's Althoff twice and Jeremiah Tillmon's East St Louis team. Combine that with his numbers and I am really intrigued. Only live about an hour from there, so I'll find a game to check out.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Edwardsviile is good enough to have beaten Jordan Goodwin's Althoff twice and Jeremiah Tillmon's East St Louis team. Combine that with his numbers and I am really intrigued. Only live about an hour from there, so I'll find a game to check out.

Let us know what you think

While basking in the afterglow of today's win, and with absolutely nothing to do tonight, I have driven almost 2hrs to a few miles north of B.F.E., otherwise known as Salem, IL, to check out Mark Smith. 

Even if the kid can't play, it's probably worth it for the Salem HS gym, which is awesome.

I'll let y'all know.

Lol jesus that's going to be ugly. Pretty sure Salem is AWFUL...wonder why they're playing? Also Salem is legitimately BFE.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Lol jesus that's going to be ugly. Pretty sure Salem is AWFUL...wonder why they're playing? Also Salem is legitimately BFE.

It's some kind of invitational. Edwardsville is playing Centralia(?) in the finals a little later. Watching the 3rd place game now. Place is jammed. Crowd is awesome. Teams are terrible.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Now this may be the epitome of dedication to spend 4 hours on the road to watch a kid who may never even receive an IU offer.  I doff my hat in appreciation.

I have been known to have the occasional irrational moment.

It's some kind of invitational. Edwardsville is playing Centralia(?) in the finals a little later. Watching the 3rd place game now. Place is jammed. Crowd is awesome. Teams are terrible.

Ah makes more sense. Edwardsville would beat Salem by about 200 so I was confused lol. I saw Salem lose to a bad 1A team earlier this year. Centralia is right by Salem, but anyways Eville should handle them I'd think. That kid that's their stud football player is supposed to be a pretty unreal basketball player as well. He has a Samoan sounding name but I still can't remember it lol. Epenesa or something?