Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

(For some reason, I can't quote the first chunk of your post, but this is re: that first paragraph)

The problem is, Lagow doesn't really throw that catchable of a ball. He either throws it entirely too hard, it comes out looking like a wobbly punt, throws it right into the ground, or some mix of all 3 of those. I really wish he could figure it out because he has a cannon, but if he hasn't after this many years and this many schools...well...

Hey now, that's not entirely true.  Some of his picks were extremely catchable; the DB was the only player that could catch some of them, but still catchable.

I'll break them into win probability groups.

Should win:
FIU, GA Southern, @Ill, Rutger, @pu

Toss up:
@UVA, @Maryland

So you're saying there's a chance:
@MSU

Living on a prayer:
O$U, @PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin

Anywhere from 5-8 wins. If QB play is good I think we win 7 games.

Even praying probably won't do it against OSU. Combine talent and money with a coaching staff who is extremely familiar with most of our players and it's a lot to overcome.

1 hour ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Has there been any talk about who's winning the QB battle? Really hope we don't trot Lagow out there again.

Would rather Lagow trots on out in the first game than trotting a kid not ready. Would rather give Lagow a chance for a few games. Yes he threw ints but he did also throw for over 3000 yards. He made some plays. Don't get why people talk like he didn't do anything. Yes he was inconsistent, but he showed what he can be if he puts in the effort with footwork and making better reads instead of relying solely on his arm strength. Hence his trip to QB guru out in Cali for his spring break.  Our defense isn't the only reason we made it to a bowl. Our running game wasn't the same either. Sorry we were spoiled with Suds for an amazing couple of years. I'm willing to give him the start. And QB comp won't start heating up til camp really starts. Some of the kids are still reporting as of this past week. 

1 hour ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Has there been any talk about who's winning the QB battle? Really hope we don't trot Lagow out there again.

Got to believe it's Lagow's job to lose unless someone else really out-performs him this summer.  Now, after a game or 2 or 3, it could be a different story. 

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Got to believe it's Lagow's job to lose unless someone else really out-performs him this summer.  Now, after a game or 2 or 3, it could be a different story. 

And I agree with that. Lol. Unless someone exploded in May or summer camp sure go ahead and play them. But Lagow has played in high stakes games and I would rather have EXP in our home opener. Now come game 2 or 3 if there's still ducks....bring in a young gun and put all the pressure on our defense

Bleacher Report seems to be pretty high on IU for the upcoming season. On their record predictions for every program under new direction, they have the Hoosiers at 7-5. Here's what they have to say:

"For Indiana, on-field results weren't the issue over the past two years. A traditionally mediocre program won six games in 2015 and 2016, making bowls in consecutive seasons. But head coach Kevin Wilson was investigated for allegations of mistreatment of his players, and resigned under pressure in early December.

IU wasted no time in naming his replacement, elevating defensive coordinator Tom Allen to head coach on a full-time basis.

Indiana returns nine starters to a defense that showed significant progress under Allen's watch, and quarterback Richard Lagow (who threw for 3,362 yards with 19 touchdowns against 17 interceptions) and wideout Nick Westbrook, who caught 54 passes for 995 yards and six touchdowns, will be vital players.

The Hoosiers start by hosting Ohio State and traveling to Virginia, and their Big Ten slate continues with a trip to Penn State and hosting Michigan in the first three games of league play. IU does host Wisconsin and has nonconference games versus Florida International and Georgia Southern.

There's reason to believe Allen will make the decision to promote him look smart.

Predicted record: 7-5"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716438-predicting-2017-win-loss-records-for-every-college-football-team-under-new-direc

From a twitter Q&A that Coach Allen did with the IU Alumni Association:

@IUAA: @CoachAllenIU @HoosierFootball With the 1st game of the season fast approaching, what #iufb tradition are you looking forward to the most as head coach?

@CoachAllenIU: @IUAA @HoosierFootball We stay out at Four Winds Resort the night before games and enjoy our time together as a team in that setting!

@IUAA: @CoachAllenIU @HoosierFootball Speaking of traditions, do you have any traditions that you have as a coach, or plan to introduce to the team this year?

@CoachAllenIU: @IUAA @HoosierFootball We're creating a tunnel for our players to enter the field prior to kickoff. This will increase the level of intensity to our entrance.

Just now, ThompsonHoosier said:

From a twitter Q&A that Coach Allen did with the IU Alumni Association:

@IUAA: @CoachAllenIU @HoosierFootball With the 1st game of the season fast approaching, what #iufb tradition are you looking forward to the most as head coach?

@CoachAllenIU: @IUAA @HoosierFootball We stay out at Four Winds Resort the night before games and enjoy our time together as a team in that setting!

@IUAA: @CoachAllenIU @HoosierFootball Speaking of traditions, do you have any traditions that you have as a coach, or plan to introduce to the team this year?

@CoachAllenIU: @IUAA @HoosierFootball We're creating a tunnel for our players to enter the field prior to kickoff. This will increase the level of intensity to our entrance.

I think having the team stay at Four Winds the night before a game is a great idea! Get the team well rested and focused for the games. I remember when I was at IU and would see football players out at the bars the night before games.