Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

On 2/22/2021 at 8:22 PM, Alford Bailey said:

I would assume Penix is the starter but you better have a starter quality backup for when he goes down.

The QB depth behind Penix will be just fine with Jack Tuttle, Dexter Williams, and Donovan McCulley. 

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The QB depth behind Penix will be just fine with Jack Tuttle, Dexter Williams, and Donovan McCulley. 

Another way of saying it:

The QB position at IUFB is likely the deepest in the entire nation. We will have a top ten nationally ranked QB with college experience as our backup, and a four star as our third stringer.

And a pre-season All-American at WR, and a top ten nationally three year starter TE, and on and on and on.

We are gonna score a ton.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of saying it:

The QB position at IUFB is likely the deepest in the entire nation. We will have a top ten nationally ranked QB with college experience as our backup, and a four star as our third stringer.

And a pre-season All-American at WR, and a top ten nationally three year starter TE, and on and on and on.

We are gonna score a ton.

I'm not sold on Tuttle as the backup. He was highly regarded coming out of high school but he's pretty unknown at the college level. He's started two games for us, and he had a separated shoulder (I think that was the injury) in one of them. In the other one, the offense played pretty conservatively. I'm not saying he isn't good, just that we don't really know at this point. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I'm not sold on Tuttle as the backup. He was highly regarded coming out of high school but he's pretty unknown at the college level. He's started two games for us, and he had a separated shoulder (I think that was the injury) in one of them. In the other one, the offense played pretty conservatively. I'm not saying he isn't good, just that we don't really know at this point. 

We know more about Tuttle than most about their QB2 and unless McCulley is a bust, this is the deepest and most talented QB room in the history of our program. We’ve come a long way from thr days of having to start Zander Diamont and pulling a freshman from the defense. 

1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We know more about Tuttle than most about their QB2 and unless McCulley is a bust, this is the deepest and most talented QB room in the history of our program. We’ve come a long way from thr days of having to start Zander Diamont and pulling a freshman from the defense. 

We’ve certainly come a long way from the days of Zander Diamont, but I didn’t say that we haven’t. I still disagree about Tuttle. He’s been in college for three years and has started two games. He played fine against Wisconsin, but the jury’s still out on whether his abilities live up to his ranking coming out of high school, or even if he’s better than Ramsey. I hope we don’t have to find out next year. 

OK. Time to get away from the Fire Archie and who's gonna replace him threads for a while and get to some real news. We are, after all, a football school. Looks as if we're losing an OL. Never started in four years and is leaving as a grad transfer. Probably figured with the Michigan kid (Zach Carpenter) transferring in, PT was gonna be even more limited. 

29 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If interested, a couple other transfers had media chats today ... 

Ole Miss DL Ryder Anderson: https://youtu.be/Icd2TOB6CBs

Michigan OL Zach Carpenter: https://youtu.be/rj088fGQXIQ

Cripes, if that Carpenter kids plays anything close to his demeanor then he's going to be a monster.  Lol

2 hours ago, theriverpilot said:

Cripes, if that Carpenter kids plays anything close to his demeanor then he's going to be a monster.  Lol

Everything about Carpenter is legit.  High School pedigree.  Size.  Tape.  Demeanor.  It's all there.

Might be our biggest addition of the offseason.

From coaching at Marion and Ben Davis high schools to making nearly $5M a year running a program at a B1G school. What a journey! 

Its spending season! Let's see if they have the cojones to break that contract record in the same month.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk