Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Appreciate the info. I thought he might be better than Ramsey, but I guess not. Wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought he would be better than Ramsey too, but it seems like the coaches didn’t think so. I don’t have any background info except that a team manager/staffer/equipment guy told me he thought Tronti was really good and had a bright future.

I thought he would be better than Ramsey too, but it seems like the coaches didn’t think so. I don’t have any background info except that a team manager/staffer/equipment guy told me he thought Tronti was really good and had a bright future.

Hopefully everything works out well for Tronti and IU.

It sucks that two good players are transferring, but wish them both the best. I was thinking Morris would be a great backup this year in the backfield and possibly start the following season. I guess Tronti didn't think he would get a chance to play anytime soon (barring injuries). 

It sucks that two good players are transferring, but wish them both the best. I was thinking Morris would be a great backup this year in the backfield and possibly start the following season. I guess Tronti didn't think he would get a chance to play anytime soon (barring injuries). 

With Dawkins, Ramsey, and Penix our QB position is now pretty sound and secure it seems. Impressed at how Allen addressed that this off season.

Tronti was passed up by penix by the third practice of spring camp. Penix already knew the playbook, and was making better reads. Tronti doesn’t have that strong of an arm... Ramsey doesn’t either but Ramsey had been more accurate. The main thing is that penix had become very familiar and understood the playbook and jumped tronti within the first couple of practices in camp..... that’s pretty big.  I was super excited about tronti when he flipped to us, I wish him nothing but the best as he is a super nice guy and hope he can find a home. 

2 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Tronti was passed up by penix by the third practice of spring camp. Penix already knew the playbook, and was making better reads. Tronti doesn’t have that strong of an arm... Ramsey doesn’t either but Ramsey had been more accurate. The main thing is that penix had become very familiar and understood the playbook and jumped tronti within the first couple of practices in camp..... that’s pretty big.  I was super excited about tronti when he flipped to us, I wish him nothing but the best as he is a super nice guy and hope he can find a home. 

Great insight Lucel.  How do you think the competition will shake out in the Fall? 

Dawkins - Starter

Ramsey - Second String

Penix - Redshirt

47 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Great insight Lucel.  How do you think the competition will shake out in the Fall? 

Dawkins - Starter

Ramsey - Second String

Penix - Redshirt

I think It will be Dawkins and Ramsey competing.  I’m not going to write Ramsey off yet as some people on social media accounts have. I think the coaches would like to save Penix and RS him, but I mean if he’s the best come end of fall camp then let’s strap up and go.  Overall Dawkins gives us more with mobility compared to Ramsey. Passing wise I think I will give it to Ramsey just because I watched the kid throw all season and I’ve only seen highlights of dawkins passing. I think they both are short to mid route passers. Not big arms like Lagow or suds. It will be an interesting summer and fall. And I can tell people will say Ramsey wasn’t accurate....the kid threw and completed 65.4% of his passes....who cares if they were short passes he still hit the receiver and made good throws still at 20 yards down the field. In the end I’ll be happy with either. Dawkins has been quoted saying he wanted to compete and didn’t just want to be handed a job because he’s a grad transfer....so let’s breed some competition. Also look for the coaches to bring in 2 QBs in this next class. Chris Herron will be making an official sometime in May supposedly. 

Got a grad transfer DT from Syracuse.. Wasn't highly regarded out of HS... but we need more depth at this position and he is a SR. It's no risk-medium reward scenario. 
Allen and staff with this grad transfer, Linder, and Dawkins have done a great job in this dept. 
This is the kind of program that needs grad transfers. We will always have holes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

This is the kind of program that needs grad transfers. We will always have holes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree. Truthfully... unless they are a bad locker room guy(very rare as a SR)... there aren't many "bad" grad transfers. They at least give you experience, depth, etc. 

We did not make top 5 for jirehl Brock. We made his first top 7. Top 5 include Minnesota, Iowa, northwestern, Purdue and Iowa state. Illinois and IU were dropped. I would say with ivory winters committed the coaches are maybe looking to take 1-2 RBs (that’s including winters) in this class given our depth at RB right now. I would say the coaches are also going to try and do everything they can to try to get Sampson James to at least take a visit. Idk if he will but I’ve heard IU is still in contact with him (I’m from Avon). My only pitch would be come be a one two punch with Ellison or walker depending on who gets the load in the coming years and who stays healthy. OSU will alway be 4 deep at RB (still very good and still productive) but come to IU stay home (like your older brothers should have) and put up big numbers. 

Here is brocks 247 imo he is either going to Iowa or Northwestern that’s what I feel....my pitch against our little brother is you have a pass heavy HC....markel Jones our up some nice numbers but second season as HC and playbook....brohm will be airing it out like WKU and mike leach  

https://247sports.com/Player/Jirehl-Brock-46036361

16 hours ago, lucel15 said:

We did not make top 5 for jirehl Brock. We made his first top 7. Top 5 include Minnesota, Iowa, northwestern, Purdue and Iowa state. Illinois and IU were dropped. I would say with ivory winters committed the coaches are maybe looking to take 1-2 RBs (that’s including winters) in this class given our depth at RB right now. I would say the coaches are also going to try and do everything they can to try to get Sampson James to at least take a visit. Idk if he will but I’ve heard IU is still in contact with him (I’m from Avon). My only pitch would be come be a one two punch with Ellison or walker depending on who gets the load in the coming years and who stays healthy. OSU will alway be 4 deep at RB (still very good and still productive) but come to IU stay home (like your older brothers should have) and put up big numbers. 

Here is brocks 247 imo he is either going to Iowa or Northwestern that’s what I feel....my pitch against our little brother is you have a pass heavy HC....markel Jones our up some nice numbers but second season as HC and playbook....brohm will be airing it out like WKU and mike leach  

https://247sports.com/Player/Jirehl-Brock-46036361

I could see it being difficult for Purdue to land stud RB’s because Brohm will be pass heavy once he overhauls the roster. Makes sense why Purdue has a good shot to land some stud WR’s this year (Bell, Kirtz, Young, etc). 

31 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Random and has nothing to do with the current offseason but I was just listening to the Stone Cold podcast with Lane Johnson and he referred to Kevin Wilson as the meanest SoB he’s ever met.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes I have heard stories about him when my cousin was his detail at home and away games. And used to be called by AD to go get him.