Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

We led the nation in 3 and outs?(The good kind)

Holy Crap!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It shows how disappointing last year truly was. I hope having a defense this good becomes an expectation with Allen here but I don’t know if we’ll have a defense that good for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, The Ola Depot said:

It shows how disappointing last year truly was. I hope having a defense this good becomes an expectation with Allen here but I don’t know if we’ll have a defense that good for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t know, he did the exact same thing at South Florida with two and three star talent. He moved us up like 70 spots his first year here, and then up to 26th in year two. We obviously had some good players, but he’s shown that he doesn’t need five star talent to have a good defense.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Indiana will probably land more of those guys then Purdue will.

Actually, we've landed many 4* guys the past 8 years. But most of them haven't panned out. All of our NFL guys were 3* guys.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Curious why you think IU will land more of those guys than Purdue? I’d say the exact opposite. 

Youve landed 8 4* guys over that period with the majority (6) coming in the 2013 and 2014 classes. You’ve only had one 4* guy (according to rivals) since then in Penix. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Mini season ticket package/Hoosier State package:

https://iuhoosiers.evenue.net/cgi-b...oupCode=FBMINI&linkID=m-indiana&fromDesktop=1

2018 IU Football Mini Season Ticket Package

Information

• You will create your mini-season ticket package by selecting games from the below groups. 
  • Group A - Select one or both
    • Sep. 8 - Virginia
    • Sep. 15 - Ball State
  • Group B - Select one or two games
    • Sep. 22 - Michigan State
    • Oct. 13 - Iowa 
    • Oct. 20 - Penn State
  • Group C - Select one or both
    • Nov. 10 - Maryland
    • Nov. 24 - Purdue
  • Prices vary per game

Hoosier State Ticket Package

With the purchase of this ticket package you will receive a ticket to the Ball State game on 9/15 and the Old Oaken Bucket game against Purdue on 11/24

Prices: Adult: $100; Youth (18 and under): $20

Over 15% savings!

North End Zone Club (single game or season tickets):

https://iuhoosiers.evenue.net/cgi-b...ID=m-indiana&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

IU Football North End Zone Club Season Tickets

The IU Football North End Zone Club area provides a great view, private seating and all-inclusive food and beverages, with beer and wine for purchase.

Season Ticket Price: $800

2018 Single Game Prices:

• Virginia, Ball State and Maryland: $120
  • Michigan State, Iowa, Penn State and Purdue: $150

Amenities:

• Exclusive access to climate-controlled Henke Hall of Champions 
  • Extra leg room, seat backs, arm rests and cup holders 
  • Beer & wine for purchase and can be enjoyed in your seat 
  • Private restrooms

Football Four Pack (on sale June 11):

https://iuhoosiers.evenue.net/cgi-b...ID=m-indiana&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

IU Football Four Pack - Includes Food and Beverage

Family Package Information:

• Tickets, drinks, and food all included!
    • With this package you will receive at least 4 tickets and 4 food/beverage vouchers! Each food/beverage voucher can be exchanged out for a Coca-Cola product beverage and a hot dog at one of the Memorial Stadium concession stands.
    • Family, Fun, and IU Football! Great way to spend the day with the family!
    • MUST PURCHASE A MINIMUM OF 4 TICKETS
    • Price:
      • Virginia: $40/ticket
      • Ball State: $40/ticket
      • Michigan State: $60/ticket
      • Iowa: $60/ticket
      • Penn State: $60/ticket
      • Maryland: $60/ticket
      • Purdue: $60/ticket

Football Starter Kit (on sale June 11):

https://iuhoosiers.evenue.net/cgi-b...groupCode=FBPR&linkID=m-indiana&fromDesktop=1

IU Football Starter Kit

• Purchase your IU Football Starter Kit today! Each starter kit includes two tickets, two food coupons and one GrassLot parking pass. Everything you need to get your IU Football game day started on the right foot!
  • IU Football Starter Kits are sold inmultiples of two and there will be a limit of five kits (10 total tickets) per account.
  • There are only a limited number available for each game, so get yours before they're gone!
  • Price:
    • Virginia: $70
    • Ball State: $70
    • Michigan State: $90
    • Iowa: $90
    • Penn State: $90
    • Maryland: $80
    • Purdue: $90

General single game tickets go on sale June 11.

Students from any college other than the school we are playing can get $10 tickets with a valid student ID.

Road games are on sale now:

• 2018 IU Football away game tickets will go on sale May 1, 2018. Tickets for the away games at Ohio State and at Michigan will only be made available to current IU Varsity Club members.

More on the HHOC club seating (season or single game tickets available)...

https://spark.adobe.com/page/QXvjCKC3rUSRC/

On 5/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious why you think IU will land more of those guys than Purdue? I’d say the exact opposite. 

Youve landed 8 4* guys over that period with the majority (6) coming in the 2013 and 2014 classes. You’ve only had one 4* guy (according to rivals) since then in Penix. 

You’re on an IU board. 

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Athletics and the Big Ten announced five kickoff times this afternoon, including the Oct. 13 Homecoming game against Iowa. The five games are listed below:

Saturday, Sept. 8: Virginia at Indiana, 7:30 p.m. ET, BTN
Saturday, Sept. 15: Ball State at Indiana, Noon ET, BTN
Saturday, Oct. 6: Indiana at Ohio State, 3:30 p.m. ET OR 4 p.m. ET, Network TBA
Saturday, Oct. 13: Iowa at Indiana, Noon ET, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2
Friday, Oct. 26: Indiana at Minnesota, 8 p.m. ET, FS1

IU hosts Penn State on Saturday, Oct. 20. The game will be televised by ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 and kickoff will be determined at a later date.

It was announced this morning that Indiana will open the 2018 campaign with a 7 p.m. ET kickoff at Florida International. The game will be televised by CBS Sports Network.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/5/31/five-iu-football-kick-times-future-schedule-updates-announced.aspx

Future Schedules
Aug. 31 – vs. Ball State (Lucas Oil Stadium)
Sept. 7 – Eastern Illinois
Sept. 14 – Ohio State
Sept. 21 – Connecticut
Sept. 28 – at Michigan State
Oct. 12 – Rutgers (Homecoming)
Oct. 19 – at Maryland
Oct. 26 – at Nebraska
Nov. 2 – Northwestern
Nov. 16 – at Penn State
Nov. 23 – Michigan
Nov. 30 – at Purdue
Dec. 7 – Big Ten Championship Game

Sept. 5 – at Wisconsin
Sept. 12 – Western Kentucky
Sept. 19 – Ball State
Sept. 26 – at Connecticut
Oct. 10 – Maryland
Oct. 17 – at Rutgers
Oct. 24 – Michigan State
Oct. 31 – Penn State
Nov. 7 – at Ohio State
Nov. 14 – Illinois
Nov. 21 – at Michigan
Nov. 28 – Purdue
Dec. 5 – Big Ten Championship Game

Sept. 4 – at Iowa
Sept. 11 – Idaho
Sept. 18 – Cincinnati
Sept. 25 – at Western Kentucky
Oct. 2 – at Maryland
Oct. 9 – Michigan
Oct. 16 – Rutgers
Oct. 30 – at Penn State
Nov. 6 – Ohio State
Nov. 13 – at Michigan State
Nov. 20 – Minnesota
Nov. 27 – at Purdue
Dec. 4 – Big Ten Championship Game

Sept. 10 – Idaho
Sept. 17 – Western Kentucky
Sept. 24 – at Cincinnati

Sept. 9 – UMass
Sept. 16 – vs. Louisville (Lucas Oil Stadium)
Sept. 23 – Charlotte

Aug. 31 – Florida International
Sept. 7 – at Louisville
Sept. 28 – Charlotte

Sept. 6 – Louisville
Sept. 13 – Indiana State

Sept. 11 – Indiana State

Chris Herron received a crystal ball for IU from a Texas hs football area writer. I’ve mentioned Herron before. He’s not tall.....6’0”. But he reminds me a lot of Reece Taylor. And speaking of Reece I believe he will have more of an offensive role.... I’m thinking slot/wildcat QB instead of DB like what was talked about around signing day.  Now back to Herron. He’s a dual threat guy. Has good pocket awareness and can escape pressure.  If you watch his hudl videos to me he has a pretty smooth release...he’s no suds....but he has some nice 40-50 yard dimes where he leads the WR and keeps him in stride. Overall coach Sheridan is doing great work. From my google search.....it looks like herrons hs and plays in one of the larger if not largest division in Texas football. That’s pretty big. Here is his 247 

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Herron-46036137

8 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Chris Herron received a crystal ball for IU from a Texas hs football area writer. I’ve mentioned Herron before. He’s not tall.....6’0”. But he reminds me a lot of Reece Taylor. And speaking of Reece I believe he will have more of an offensive role.... I’m thinking slot/wildcat QB instead of DB like what was talked about around signing day.  Now back to Herron. He’s a dual threat guy. Has good pocket awareness and can escape pressure.  If you watch his hudl videos to me he has a pretty smooth release...he’s no suds....but he has some nice 40-50 yard dimes where he leads the WR and keeps him in stride. Overall coach Sheridan is doing great work. From my google search.....it looks like herrons hs and plays in one of the larger if not largest division in Texas football. That’s pretty big. Here is his 247 

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Herron-46036137

I'm guessing his height is what's keeping the big boys away

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'm guessing his height is what's keeping the big boys away

I mean 192 for 6’ is pretty decent. Nebraska is getting more involved....Baylor and TCU were involved but they both have taken QB verbals already. Kansas State is still involved   Penix came into camp under 200 and he’s 6’3”. 

Interesting stat here. And I know on this and several IU football boards....there are people who say he isn’t a passer or didn’t perform very well....you’re right he’s not a kid who’s going to go out and toss 60 yard dimes like sud. But he’s pretty accurate around 10-25 yards which I am fine with because I feel like we have some dynamic WRs. He completed 65.4% of his passes. Yes he didn’t read options very well but in my honest opinion that’s not his game he isn’t a runner (he has wheels when he gets in space, but he’s not going to make a ton of people miss and doesn’t necessarily have a dual threat running vision) but the stat above is pretty nice and tells a story he can buy time if a play breaks down or like it says.....long developing pass play....let’s bring in Dawkins and have some nice friendly football competition at the QB position. 

F7D99B27-EEEC-482E-B786-7479F739E504.png

30 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to the Herald Times' Mike Miller (@MikeMillerHT), former RB commit Kristian Pechac has joined the program as a walk-on. He was a very talented RB in high school with plenty of scholarship options. Let's hope he is willing to put in the work and sticks around this time!

Wow!  Wasn't he going to an art school or something like that?  Could be totally wrong, but that's what is stuck in my head.  I'd love to see him break out!

24 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Wow!  Wasn't he going to an art school or something like that?  Could be totally wrong, but that's what is stuck in my head.  I'd love to see him break out!

I think he graduated early and was attending some community college in Arizona. Either way, he adds even more depth to an already talented RB group. We now have Ellison, Gest, Walker, and Pechac (plus a few others) on the roster.