Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Indiana Football - Due to inclement weather, the Cream & Crimson Game is no longer open to the public. It will be played inside Mellencamp Pavilion. We made this decision to ensure the safety of our fans. We look forward to seeing you at Memorial Stadium this fall.

From today's (underwhelming and shortened) indoor spring game, the Crimson squad led by Ramsey beats the Cream squad led by Penix Jr.:

FINAL | Crimson 37, Cream 28.

After both teams go perfect in the second field goal competition, Crimson earns the victory over Cream, 37-28!

Second-half will be a non-scoring scrimmage.

Also from Mike Miller (@MikeMillerHT): Players not dressed for spring game:
Nick Linder, Simon Stepaniak, Mike Barwick, Nick Westbrook, J-Shun Harris, Brandon Wilson, Donavan Hale, Ty Frygogle, Cole Gest, Morgan Ellison, Mo Burnam, Allen Stallings, Josh Brown #iufb

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

From today's (underwhelming and shortened) indoor spring game, the Crimson squad led by Ramsey beats the Cream squad led by Penix Jr.:

FINAL | Crimson 37, Cream 28.

After both teams go perfect in the second field goal competition, Crimson earns the victory over Cream, 37-28!

Second-half will be a non-scoring scrimmage.

Also from Mike Miller (@MikeMillerHT): Players not dressed for spring game:
Nick Linder, Simon Stepaniak, Mike Barwick, Nick Westbrook, J-Shun Harris, Brandon Wilson, Donavan Hale, Ty Frygogle, Cole Gest, Morgan Ellison, Mo Burnam, Allen Stallings, Josh Brown #iufb

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if in a few years most schools don’t even have a spring game.

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

In hindsight, sure easy decision. 

But as an event planner, putting a few thousand people needlessly at risk for a scrimmage that doesn’t matter when storms are forecast to blow through? Not a chance. 

Sorry, no grounds to fire Fred for this one. 

Great post 

RIP, Earle Bruce. 
During my sophomore year, we went to Columbus -- a place we hadn't won in years -- to play No. 9 Ohio State. Not only did we win, we beat the snot out of them, 31-10. At one point, we were pinned deep in our own territory and in the ultimate eff you, QB Dave Schnell (RIP) implored the OSU crowd to make more noise! Afterward, Earle called it the "darkest day in Ohio State football." ... After the season, Earle was fired, but his comments spawned the rallying cry for the next season's game in B-Town, "Darkest Day in Ohio State football, II." And it was. We gave them a whoopin' -- 41-7. And it wasn't that close. ... Unfortunately, we haven't beat them since. But those Anthony Thompson-Dave Schnell years were the best IU has ever had. Hope we can return to something like that, because it sure makes for a more interesting fall when you have a football team that actually can win seven or eight games a year.  

18 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

RIP, Earle Bruce. 
During my sophomore year, we went to Columbus -- a place we hadn't won in years -- to play No. 9 Ohio State. Not only did we win, we beat the snot out of them, 31-10. At one point, we were pinned deep in our own territory and in the ultimate eff you, QB Dave Schnell (RIP) implored the OSU crowd to make more noise! Afterward, Earle called it the "darkest day in Ohio State football." ... After the season, Earle was fired, but his comments spawned the rallying cry for the next season's game in B-Town, "Darkest Day in Ohio State football, II." And it was. We gave them a whoopin' -- 41-7. And it wasn't that close. ... Unfortunately, we haven't beat them since. But those Anthony Thompson-Dave Schnell years were the best IU has ever had. Hope we can return to something like that, because it sure makes for a more interesting fall when you have a football team that actually can win seven or eight games a year.  

Good football teams are good for the school

3 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Jonah Morris is transferring per his Twitter. Thought he had a good spring game in the secondary after making the transition to defense. 

Doesn't surprise me. Was a pretty highly rated recruit 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Doesn't surprise me. Was a pretty highly rated recruit 

I’m 50/50 I think he ultimately wants to be a WR. However spring game he made some great plays at safety

Appreciate the info. I thought he might be better than Ramsey, but I guess not. Wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought he would be better than Ramsey too, but it seems like the coaches didn’t think so. I don’t have any background info except that a team manager/staffer/equipment guy told me he thought Tronti was really good and had a bright future.

I thought he would be better than Ramsey too, but it seems like the coaches didn’t think so. I don’t have any background info except that a team manager/staffer/equipment guy told me he thought Tronti was really good and had a bright future.

Hopefully everything works out well for Tronti and IU.

It sucks that two good players are transferring, but wish them both the best. I was thinking Morris would be a great backup this year in the backfield and possibly start the following season. I guess Tronti didn't think he would get a chance to play anytime soon (barring injuries).