Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Excited for Saturday. I know it’s IU football, but I really like what Tom Allen is building. A bowl game is a challenge being in our division, but have hopes he can get us to 6 wins and bowl eligible consistently. I’m also excited for Penix being the starter, and see what he is capable of!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Excited for Saturday. I know it’s IU football, but I really like what Tom Allen is building. A bowl game is a challenge being in our division, but have hopes he can get us to 6 wins and bowl eligible consistently. I’m also excited for Penix being the starter, and see what he is capable of!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I get excited every year myself. But my expectations remain the same as every year. 

Don Fischer said today James reminds him of Anthony Thompson.  That's not some guy using those words.   That's Don Fisher.  I'm excited to see that kid...because I KNOW what Cole Gest was, and he was a b*tch to bring down and absolutely brought it every play.  The RB position might be damned good.

I know it’s Indiana football but it’s hard not to get excited with this team and the potential we’ve seen with these young guys. I can’t remember ever having this much depth on offense...could very well have a top 3 RB and WR core in the B1G with Scott, James, Walker, Gest at RB, and Hale, Westbrook, Whop, and Miles Marshall at WR. As long as our O Line is halfway decent, teams are gonna have trouble containing our Offense IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, jbell833 said:

I know it’s Indiana football but it’s hard not to get excited with this team and the potential we’ve seen with these young guys. I can’t remember ever having this much depth on offense...could very well have a top 3 RB and WR core in the B1G with Scott, James, Walker, Gest at RB, and Hale, Westbrook, Whop, and Miles Marshall at WR. As long as our O Line is halfway decent, teams are gonna have trouble containing our Offense IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What excites me is if quality depth has increased as much as advertised, this could be a really special season by IU football standards. There have been so many games over the past few seasons that could have been won if the team had just a little more depth. Add in a big play potential at quarterback, instead of just a game manager, and it is hard not to be just a little more excited about this team than usual.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Watching the Northwestern game from last season... just gets you excited. This team should be competitive. 

I watched it the other day and was pumped. Then I remembered there most likely won't be a season haha typical IU football luck. 

This ^^ got me curious. I've never cared about way-too-early rankings for college football. But I sure do now :-)

ESPN - #10

Klatt - #7

Sporting News - #16

CBS - #13

Bleacher Report - #10

247 - #16

Stadium - N/R (technically #30) this is the wackiest of top 25 rankings I've looked up so far for what it's worth

It also looks like we landed at #12 in the final AP poll. All in all, incredible. Yet a convincing win in the bowl game and we probably end up #6. 

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This ^^ got me curious. I've never cared about way-too-early rankings for college football. But I sure do now :-)

ESPN - #10

Klatt - #7

Sporting News - #16

CBS - #13

Bleacher Report - #10

247 - #16

Stadium - N/R (technically #30) this is the wackiest of top 25 rankings I've looked up so far for what it's worth

It also looks like we landed at #12 in the final AP poll. All in all, incredible. Yet a convincing win in the bowl game and we probably end up #6. 

I thought dropping 5 spots was a bit extreame for a 6 point loss to Ole Miss. i expected to drop to 10th. Not being able to claim a top 10 finish will hopefully provide our guys with all the locker room material they need this off-season to come back even better next year. 

7 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I thought dropping 5 spots was a bit extreame for a 6 point loss to Ole Miss. i expected to drop to 10th. Not being able to claim a top 10 finish will hopefully provide our guys with all the locker room material they need this off-season to come back even better next year. 

Right. I hope we approach this offseason the same way OSU approached theirs last year. Post the bowl score all over the place. I hope this is a time where the staff allow the earmuffs and blinders to be taken off for a while to add as much fuel to the fire as possible. Now, if we've gotten to this point...close loss to OSU where we shot ourselves in the foot too much, disrespect from the CFP committee, pushed aside for OSU to play in the title game, not getting to curb stomp PU, getting passed up for a NY6 bowl, getting pushed down the bowl pecking order, and flopping like that in the bowl game. If anyone on the team still needs to find some bulletin board material, they need to be sent instructions on how to enter the transfer portal.