Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Penix is the starter for week 1. He has led the #1's at every practice since the scrimmage on Saturday. They might not announce it till next week but he's the guy. 

With Penix at QB and all the weapons around him, along with our new OC, this offense should be reminiscent of the Wilson days...as long as our D doesn’t regress, this could be a VERY fun season!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

With Penix at QB and all the weapons around him, along with our new OC, this offense should be reminiscent of the Wilson days...as long as our D doesn’t regress, this could be a VERY fun season!

Counter-argument: It’s Indiana football.

’nuff said 

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I think it’s a decent line. But outside of Cronk, none of those guys have NFL potential. Matt Bedford will be a stud.

We need to recruit OL much better then we have.

Scouts and whoever choose the watch list would beg to differ as all 3 were just put on the watch list for the senior bowl. Not saying that’s the end all be all they will be nfl players, but outside people looking in think all 3 upperclassmen are talented enough to get serious looks. After hearing coaches talk and see people who get to practices often.....hearing what they also say....starting 5 seem solid....then there’s about 4-5 guys behind them that have developed nicely....several young guys from last class and this class.... 

Littlejohn- Remington watch list. 

Cronk -Outland watch list. 

Nate Snyder(kicker) got a scholly today
[/url]  

Very cool, always fun to watch a walk-on get a scholarship!

Also really excited because my company is closing down next Saturday for computer updates, so I won’t get to miss the season opener! Wohoo!!!

Maybe I am drinking the Kool aid but naming Penix the starter feels different. For to long IU has gone the safe route  and it has gotten us nowhere. Finally we are taking a risk with the raw talent which is a great change and makes me hopeful for a 7-8 win season.

This reminds me of two years ago with IU soccer when I went to an exhibition game vs. Louisville. Watching that game I kept texting my friend that this team feels different and it was the first time I saw a team that really looked elite since the Jerry Yeagley days (and fans around me kept saying it's 'about time' when watching the team so I think everyone got that feeling). Two years later while it didn't result in a championship, it resulted in the two best seasons of elite soccer since Jerry left (yes they were better then the 2012 team who got hot and won title).

While IU football is not on the same level and it may not result in a new years day bowl, four years of Penix makes me feel like something finally different and maybe we are a consistent bowl team for the next 4 years and we return to the Mallory era which is the best IU football has seen.

Excited for the season! 

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Maybe I am drinking the Kool aid but naming Penix the starter feels different. For to long IU has gone the safe route  and it has gotten us nowhere. Finally we are taking a risk with the raw talent which is a great change and makes me hopeful for a 7-8 win season.

This reminds me of two years ago with IU soccer when I went to an exhibition game vs. Louisville. Watching that game I kept texting my friend that this team feels different and it was the first team I saw a team that really looked elite since the Jerry Yeagley days (and fans around me kept saying it's 'about time' when watching the team so I think everyone got that feeling). Two years later while it didn't result in a championship, it resulted in the two best seasons of elite soccer since Jerry left (yes they were better then the 2012 team who got hot and won title).

While IU football is not on the same level and it may not result in a new years day bowl, three years of Penix makes me feel like something finally different and maybe we are a consistent bowl team for the next 4 years and we return to the Mallory era which is the best IU football has seen.

Excited for the season! 

I'm down with the kool-aid with IUFB. I drink it every year, not just this year but I agree with what you're saying. Most years we would have gone with the safe choice in Ramsey.

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

One more thing, Sampson James is going to get some carries at RB. From what I have been told he is getting most of the reps behind Scott. 

Good, I noticed they had Scott, Walker, and Gest listed as the three backs and wondered where James fit in. Also interesting to note that have Ball listed as the backup punt returner. A linebacker, that's rare.

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Good, I noticed they had Scott, Walker, and Gest listed as the three backs and wondered where James fit in. Also interesting to note that have Ball listed as the backup punt returner. A linebacker, that's rare.

Thank you for reminding me about that even though I was asked not to say anything, he's listed at #2 but I believe that is just for show. 

4 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

From what I’ve heard....they are looking at different ways to use his speed and athletic ability. He was a good returner in Hs if I remember correctly, sees the field really well. 

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

Credit to Hoosier Sports Report

Really good article (actual article, not a piecemeal job) about DeBoer.  Long but worth the read. 

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2019/08/deboer-aims-to-bring-1-0-mindset-to-hoosiers/

Can't let this die. Read this article. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't. Take 10 mins and read it. DeBoer is a winner. He has that mindset. I'm EVEN MORE excited for IUFB than before. Thx for sharing!

I'm chuckling when I read the headlines that starting Penix is a "risk." ... Where's the risk in replacing the starting QB from a 5-7 team. I realize that 5-7 record isn't all on Ramsey's shoulders, but still ... 

I'm on board with Penix. Why not see what he can do? We know what Ramsey can do, and it appears to be pretty limited. Give the young fella a chance. Let's roll! 

usa_today_11482101.0.thumb.jpg.95f038691287638d25ea365802058225.jpg