Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

I went to practice on Saturday. Tuttle was out with the flu, Ramsey looked like he did last year. OK, nothing great. Hale had some amazing catches, Ball dominated the D. Penix through it well during 7 on 7 but he's just off target sometimes on easy throws. Scott had one big run.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I went to practice on Saturday. Tuttle was out with the flu, Ramsey looked like he did last year. OK, nothing great. Hale had some amazing catches, Ball dominated the D. Penix through it well during 7 on 7 but he's just off target sometimes on easy throws. Scott had one big run.

Thanks for update. If Ramsey is starting come game 1, it is going to be rather disappointing and I may put us back at 5 wins.  Lots of offensive weapons and the defense should take a step forward after last year. 

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Thanks for update. If Ramsey is starting come game 1, it is going to be rather disappointing and I may put us back at 5 wins.  Lots of offensive weapons and the defense should take a step forward after last year. 

Agreed. He is OK but IMO he doesn't make the players around him better. He's not going to hurt you but we need Tuttle or Penix to be the guy. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Agreed. He is OK but IMO he doesn't make the players around him better. He's not going to hurt you but we need Tuttle or Penix to be the guy. 

Yep. I kind of feel like Ramsey is who he is. His ceiling isn't too high. The other guys offer much more intrigue. Let's hope one starts to differentiate come fall. 

Ramsey is a great kid and has done ok. I’m with y’all tho. Need something more dynamic. Hopefully penix and/or Tuttle is that guy. Good issue to have at this point is 3 QBs that can play. Now one hopefully emerges as a stud

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You get a feel for the new OC?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You get a feel for the new OC?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not really took me half a practice to figure out who he was. Couldn't tell a huge difference since it was a basic scrimmage. Plus I don't attend football practice very often so didn't know what to look for really. 

5 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Drooling over this long bomb, hope this is a sign of things to come for our offense

Great throw by Ramsey. I still have faith in him as qb1. He doesn't have a cannon, but he's shown the ability to throw it downfield when given the opportunity. If the new OC is willing to open up the playbook I think we will see more of this from Ramsey. And if the new OC wants to throw downfield and he can't do it, we've got two quality players behind him ready to step up. 

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Great throw by Ramsey. I still have faith in him as qb1. He doesn't have a cannon, but he's shown the ability to throw it downfield when given the opportunity. If the new OC is willing to open up the playbook I think we will see more of this from Ramsey. And if the new OC wants to throw downfield and he can't do it, we've got two quality players behind him ready to step up. 

Situation reminds me of Mizzou in ‘15. Had a returning Jr starter in Maty Mauk, who was serviceable and a team leader, and a more talented Fr in Drew Lock. Lock got increased reps in every game and took over full time in game 4, I believe. Lock struggled early and Mauk may have been better that season. But going to Lock set them up for the following 3 yrs. Doubt that Tuttle or Penix are as talented as Lock,  but confident that they have more upside than Ramsey. Will be fun to watch this play out.

54 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

KaNsAs FoOtBaLl HaS tHe CoOl FaCtOr

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They do. Certainly more than IU, at least. And why fault them for trying? Kansas ponied up for a big time coach and then got Rick Ross to come perform at their spring game and hang out with their team. What has IU done? There were probably more people on the kok patio last night than there were at our spring game. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Yep. I kind of feel like Ramsey is who he is. His ceiling isn't too high. The other guys offer much more intrigue. Let's hope one starts to differentiate come fall. 

+1.  Tom Allen seems to like for QBs to make plays with their legs.....but for a guy that is supposed to do that, Ramsey doesn't do it often.  Certainly not often enough for a guy who doesn't have a strong arm.