Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

55 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

To see him and the rest at a different school and IU actually spend some time and money hiring a decent coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Allen for a while. He seems to be doing a good job recruiting by IU standards. He deserves credit for that. But, he's lacking as a head coach. His teams are very undisciplined. He makes a lot of coaching errors. As long as we're recruiting in the bottom half of the B1G we can't afford to be an undisciplined and poorly coached football team. All we can really do is sit back and hope he can improve as a coach. 

Has anyone heard anything about WR DaQuon Green? He announced he was transferring from Florida soon after they played their bowl game. He was a 4-star WR coming out of the same high school in Florida as Penix where they played together. I have seen some rumblings on twitter that he may be considering IU. Would definitely be another good addition to the team and lessen the blow of losing out (more than likely) on Bell.

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Has anyone heard anything about WR DaQuon Green? He announced he was transferring from Florida soon after they played their bowl game. He was a 4-star WR coming out of the same high school in Florida as Penix where they played together. I have seen some rumblings on twitter that he may be considering IU. Would definitely be another good addition to the team and lessen the blow of losing out (more than likely) on Bell.

This is true. There is mutual interest from staff. Right now we are his only school

19 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Is he waiting on an OC announcement?  I'm assuming he'll have to sit a year?

Nope he’s already turned in transcripts and everything. Just waiting to hear back from the school is what I’ve heard. And I believe he could be eligible immediately...given how transfers have panned out the past year and how many kids were granted immediate eligibility citing coaching changes or stuff like that 

22 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Is he waiting on an OC announcement?  I'm assuming he'll have to sit a year?

I wanted to also say as of right now if he gets into IU....yes you are correct he has to sit a year.....my initial comment or first quote was it wouldn’t surprise me if he isn’t sitting come first game. Whether he plays. I’d say he has a higher than 50/50 chance to get waiver or appeal heard. 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, lucel15 said:

Nope he’s already turned in transcripts and everything. Just waiting to hear back from the school is what I’ve heard. And I believe he could be eligible immediately...given how transfers have panned out the past year and how many kids were granted immediate eligibility citing coaching changes or stuff like that 

He also basically sat out this year anyway only appearing in two games so it's unlikely they'll make him burn a full year of eligibility on top of his red shirt season this year. I'd be excited if he came to IU but I still want to temper my expectations....least we forget about the last former Florida WR commit we picked up via transfer in Marqui Hawkins. He wasn't a 4 star technically but was damn close with better offers than Green had coming out of high school; however, he didn't amount to anything while at IU. 

19 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

He also basically sat out this year anyway only appearing in two games so it's unlikely they'll make him burn a full year of eligibility on top of his red shirt season this year. I'd be excited if he came to IU but I still want to temper my expectations....least we forget about the last former Florida WR commit we picked up via transfer in Marqui Hawkins. He wasn't a 4 star technically but was damn close with better offers than Green had coming out of high school; however, he didn't amount to anything while at IU. 

I mean I never stated anything on his game I just answered someone’s question on his eligibility. And right now I believe he wouldn’t be immediately eligible given rules. However there are waivers that can be processed and appeals which given the latest landscape....he would be given the thumbs up. Going off his HS film there is potential.....idk what type of player he is anymore, but he fills a need if we can’t find another WR for this class.....I’m willing to give him a chance before writing him off and comparing him to another player. 

2 hours ago, lucel15 said:

I mean I never stated anything on his game I just answered someone’s question on his eligibility. And right now I believe he wouldn’t be immediately eligible given rules. However there are waivers that can be processed and appeals which given the latest landscape....he would be given the thumbs up. Going off his HS film there is potential.....idk what type of player he is anymore, but he fills a need if we can’t find another WR for this class.....I’m willing to give him a chance before writing him off and comparing him to another player. 

I don't know what point you're trying to make but I'll reiterate that I'd be excited to have him come to IU. That being said I'm still tempering my expectations. That doesn't mean I'm writing him off, rather the exact opposite..hence the excitement.  Just because I brought up another instance when a transfer didn't work out doesn't mean I'm saying this will be more of the same.

3 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to Matthew Weaver, DaQuon Green is transferring to Murray State. There was interest in IU but who knows what things may have looked like in the background. 

Yeah I haven’t heard anything in particular, but ik the coaches were interested and highly involved in trying to get him here for a fresh start....if I had to guess this will be chalked up to grades if I had to say. 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, Kepner said:

This school was featured on Next Chance U on Netflix last year .

Their coach also just got canned for some brutal text messages to a player. 

(That may or may not have actually happened, but there’s surely a long list or fireable offences from that guy)

57 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Their coach also just got canned for some brutal text messages to a player. 

(That may or may not have actually happened, but there’s surely a long list or fireable offences from that guy)

Yeah I saw that this last week. Coach Brown seemed to be given every opportunity in the world but always seemed to totally screw up every chance. Probably could have been fired for any other thing he did. Plus I don’t think either year he was there they were particularly good. Funny thing is during the show he said he had signed to play at IU as a player but got into some trouble and got his scholarship yanked before even going. I never found any hard proof of that but it was an interesting tie.

Seemed like a coach Knight type figure who would hold everyone else accountable but themselves