Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

Who is our best player?

He can and has disappeared for games. My main point is he trying to be something he isnt. Trying to show he has other skills that translate to the next level. Doesnt necessarily help the team you are on. If you have an elite shooter why not run stuff to get him open looks? That is on Crean. Recruiting promises made to get JBJ to the next level that hurt the team is what I am not fond of.

It is college man not the NBA. Kids have bad games...EVERY kid!! JBJ has the highest scoring average ever during Creans tenure so I will take him disappearing more than some of our kids appearing any day lol. Like others have stated above when he is the best player he is supposed to take more shots. At times he is given the ball with less than t seconds on the shot clock cause our offense gets bad without him. He still ends up with a high percentage which is very impressive. His is a legitimate scorer. Look how bad our offense has looked without him in the game this year. AWFUL most of the time. Last year we had yogi so we managed without him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I would honestly not care if he took 20 shots a game. What I meant to say about the shot clock is once it starts getting low he is usually force fed the ball to make a play. That makes it hard on kids, but that is usually when he thrives. Harris guarded him better than anyone I have seen this year and still dropped 33.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Other teams would kill to have a talented scorer like JBJ. You absolutely want your best scorer to be aggressive. 

Anyway, this thread is now focused entirely on JBJ, which kinda answers the question. For the record I think JBJ is totally underappreciated. The guy is a total stud.