Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PG Jordan Walker to Seton Hall

I miss Yogi and I am soooo itching for a true point guard. While DeVonte Green is a very valuable player, someone I expect to be in the starting lineup soon and for good, and has some point guard tendencies, to me he is not the on-court quarterback or penetrator that makes him our true point guard going forward. 

Therefore, Jordan Walker for me, please.

I tend to agree. Him thinking of reclassing tho is a curveball and maybe why crean started to give smith some more attention.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I miss Yogi and I am soooo itching for a true point guard. While DeVonte Green is a very valuable player, someone I expect to be in the starting lineup soon and for good, and has some point guard tendencies, to me he is not the on-court quarterback or penetrator that makes him our true point guard going forward. 

Therefore, Jordan Walker for me, please.

Give me Green running the team for the rest of the season before committing to another point. I would prefer we go strong after an elite point in 2018. Green sees the floor better than any other player we have. He's also very capable of making the pass. It seems like we're reaching for a point.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Give me Green running the team for the rest of the season before committing to another point. I would prefer we go strong after an elite point in 2018. Green sees the floor better than any other player we have. He's also very capable of making the pass. It seems like we're reaching for a point.

Green is a wonderful passer, especially in transition. I don't see that he has the penetration ability or foot speed to be a long-term, effective point guard.

Jordan Walker, a 5-foot-9 guard from The Patrick School (NJ) is getting a good amount of buzz lately surrounding his recruitment and whether or not he will stay in the 2017 class or go into the 2018 class which would then grow his stock even more. When it comes to the season, Walker is currently averaging 13.7PPG and 4.3APG on a team with the signees of Kentucky, Minnesota, and Monmouth. When Phenom Hoops asked Walker his thoughts about the season and how the team plays, he stated, “I think the season is going well so far as a team. We had a couple of losses and I think all three games we should have won but besides that, the season and practices are going well.”

Walker briefly broke down the schools that have recently offered and reached out

LSU: “Coach Robert Kirby told me that they need a 2017 point guard who can come in right away to be a facilitator for them and at the same time be their scorer.”

Providence: “I haven’t talk to them yet but they have been calling coach (Mike) Rice practically this whole year and I believe they are coming either this week or next week to talk to me.”

Georgia: “I like Georgia… I like them a lot. Coach Yasir (Rosemond) basically told me how they want me to come in as a freshman and score the ball.”

Oklahoma State: “They said they loved me and they really like how I can push the ball and how I play defense. They told me I could come in and be a major part of the team.”

Seton Hall: “I like Seton Hall and how they run a pick and roll offense and how they get up and down the floor. I also like how their guards pressure on defense and how the coaches let their guards play even through mistakes.”

Indiana: “They told me I could come in and be a key player and they also like how I play on both ends of the floor. My friend Aljami Durham is actually committed there and my family is really close with his family.” 

Oklahoma: “Coach Chris Crutchfield said that they definitely need a 2017 point guard and they really think I can come in as a freshman and take over the team. They have a lot of pieces like wings and big men but all they need is a point guard who can run the team.”

Phenom Hoops asked about his decision to reclass and he stated, “Right now I am just focused on the season but I’ll have a decision made when the season is almost over.”

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/751279?referrer_id=2306206

MadeHoops:  

Jordan Walker breaks down the latest on whether he will go 2017 or 2018 | Indiana jumps into the picture

Jordan Walker from The Patrick School (NJ) has been mulling over a decision on whether to stay in the class of 2017 or go with his original plan of reclassifying to the class of 2018. Walker holds offers from Seton Hall, Oklahoma State, Georgia, Saint Louis, VCU and more. The Oklahoma State Cowboys and two other programs have recently jumped into the picture for The Patrick School point guard.

“Indiana came to the game today, Oklahoma State was at my game yesterday and Oklahoma is definitely coming one of these days,” said Walker.

Indiana assistant coach Chuck Martin watched a solid performance from Walker last night as he helped lead The Patrick School to a 64-58 win over Roselle Catholic. The Indiana coaching staff has been speaking with Walker’s coaches recently.

“They have been in contact with my AAU coaches and now they have been talking to my high school coaches as well, which is really good,” he said. “They have said that they want me as 2017, but at the same time they wouldn’t mind having me as 2018.”

He is aware of the advantages of either going with the class of 2017 or the class of 2018.

“The advantages of going 2017 is that I get to go to college and instead of being in a prep school, I can improve my game right away at college,” Walker said. “With 2018, you never know because a college that might be perfect for me may recruit me as a 2018 recruit. It’s a tough decision, but I am going to make it by the end of the season.”

Hoetzel has actually been decent for SDSU. I really liked him tbh. I am board with this kid. Only thing is as much as we like the kids were still recruiting we have to decide....would we take Walker over McSwain or Gelon and I would.

Moore-TB(definitely gone the last few games keep him in first round)

Smith-OG

Durham-JBJ

Seems like we are taking two more.

Hartman, Priller, Gelon, McSwain

Point is we have 4 guys we could replace. I really want Hartman to come back though. We have the spots. Crean or whoever will just be stuck with who isn't coming back.

Hoetzel has actually been decent for SDSU. I really liked him tbh. I am board with this kid. Only thing is as much as we like the kids were still recruiting we have to decide....would we take Walker over McSwain or Gelon and I would.

Moore-TB(definitely gone the last few games keep him in first round)

Smith-OG

Durham-JBJ

Seems like we are taking two more.

Hartman, Priller, Gelon, McSwain

Point is we have 4 guys we could replace. I really want Hartman to come back though. We have the spots. Crean or whoever will just be stuck with who isn't coming back.

Every SDSU game I have watched besides one hoetzel was a non factor. Maybe his injury was part of that. He still needs to gain weight. For being a shooter he hasn't made many when I watched

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm not comparing Hoetzel to the others skill wise, but it was a panic recruitment (when Goodluck wasn't coming) with not a lot of research.

Didn't work out so well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That is very true about the recruitment. Specially taking him as soon as Crean met him pretty much. Kinda seems like his theme this time of the year maybe adding a month or two.

“I know there’s three schools I’m going to visit after the season,” Walker said Friday at The Patrick School. “I’m going to visit Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Indiana.” Walker isn’t certain if he’ll take official or unofficial visit to the schools, but said he will “definitely” visit those three “after the season.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/02/03/jordan-walker-planning-three-visits-excited-matchup-trevon-duval/