Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FortWayneHoosier

IU @ Maryland Official Game Thread 9PM ET on ESPN

I just don't see how this conference run can go any worse. Bottom of the barrel in the big ten and we haven't even hit the tough stretch. We may be a 8 seed at this point. Keep up the marginal work Crean.

I guess all I can say is this team is too young.. but moreso, they are collectively a below average IQ team. Juwan Morgan is smart.. and that's all I got.

We are a sweet 16 ceiling program with the occasional tourney miss and bubble. Unbelievable...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, bleedhoosier said:

I just don't see how this conference run can go any worse. Bottom of the barrel in the big ten and we haven't even hit the tough stretch. We may be a 8 seed at this point. Fine job Crean.

I guess all I can say is this team is too young.. but moreso, they are collectively a below average IQ team. Juwan Morgan is smart.. and that's all I got.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Our team lacks IQ because we don't have a PG. And guess what, we don't have one coming in next year either. Blackmon is a good player but has 0 basketball IQ. He's just wired to score and does it pretty well most of the time. Everything else he does is average to bad. Our players aren't put into positions to succeed. Why OG doesn't live on the baseline and in the middle of the court is beyond me. Why McSwain continues to get important minutes is baffling. The worst part? The Big Ten isn't even strong this year. If the same leadership is here next year it is going to get ugly.

Unless we win out this season is a waste. Even if we make the tourney were a 6-11 seed having to play a title contender the second game. If we won out we would have a good chance at a top 3 seed. Losing 3 games in conference isnt ideal after 4 games for any team let alone one who had potential as a final four team. Crean has to go. I like the guy but it is obvious he needs a leader like Yogi or Cody and Vic...guys that are great leaders to be good if not his leadership is exposed and it shows. I just dont know who we should start hoping for to lead us back.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

And Happ, the backup for Wiscy, all the Louisville post players, the Neb post players, anyone above 6-5 for Butler..

Yep. He's terrible as the go-to player. Very little athleticism.

I like the guy but his lack of game is being badly exposed this year.

I'm saddened for him.

Yogi would drive and dish. Got him some easy buckets.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Man, that one hurts.  They had it.  I've tried to stay as positive as I could.  I don't think I've ever posted in the "fire" thread.  This one really broke me.  Carelessness.  Up 2 out of a great defensive play, step out of bounds.  Give up 3.  Force a drive, don't get back. Dunk.  Gave it away.  First I'm forced to worry that we won't start on time and now we bone-head away a close one.  Hate it for the guys because I know the expectations were astronomical but man, if you can't be better than that, knowing every game could break your season, I don't know if you really want it.  Great game for James....sort of.  Do you have goals guys?  What the heck are they?  I wonder.  F-it. Good luck this weekend.

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

And Happ, the backup for Wiscy, all the Louisville post players, the Neb post players, anyone above 6-5 for Butler..

In his defense, Happ, unlike Tom, actually is an All-American.  They are not on the same planet talent wise and I told you that before the season started.  You guys see him 2 times yearly, I see him 30.  He does it to everyone.   Louisville has a whole team of guys just like Dodd.  Tom is not making strong moves because he's not strong.  He's getting muscled and now the B1G knows it.  He should have entered the draft.  I feel bad that he didn't.

When you lose to Maryland, you have to figure Trimble is going to drag them to the win.  But he had a bad 2nd half.  Go figure.  The kid Huerter can really shoot it.  Cowan and him were big.

In his defense, Happ, unlike Tom, actually is an All-American.  They are not on the same planet talent wise and I told you that before the season started.  You guys see him 2 times yearly, I see him 30.  He does it to everyone.   Louisville has a whole team of guys just like Dodd.  Tom is not making strong moves because he's not strong.  He's getting muscled and now the B1G knows it.  He should have entered the draft.  I feel bad that he didn't.

Louisville bigs and Dodd are completely different. Dodd is a big body while Louisville's bigs are thinner, more agile, and longer.

33 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Louisville bigs and Dodd are completely different. Dodd is a big body while Louisville's bigs are thinner, more agile, and longer.

Yeah, ok man.  Look I'm just taking up for one of my guys.  Sure, there are other bad matchups for him but like I said Dodd is a no-win.  Was that a refrigerator dolly I saw Dodd carrying around?  He kept standing him up on it, strapping him down, and wheeling his ass out to about 20 feet.  Easy peasy.  I'd seen Tom get moved before but damn,  Dodd should charge S&H.  WORST POSSIBLE MATCHUP.

Yeah, ok man.  Look I'm just taking up for one of my guys.  Sure, there are other bad matchups for him but like I said Dodd is a no-win.  Was that a refrigerator dolly I saw Dodd carrying around?  He kept standing him up on it, strapping him down, and wheeling his ass out to about 20 feet.  Easy peasy.  I'd seen Tom get moved before but damn,  Dodd should charge S&H.  WORST POSSIBLE MATCHUP.

That's fine and glad you're taking up for your guys. I'm pointing out that any player that plays Bryant physical is a bad matchup. There's a reason he's been playing a lot more on the perimeter. He's a big kid that hasn't been taught proper footwork, post moves, and court awareness. He's probably a third tier big in the B1G at this point.

That's fine and glad you're taking up for your guys. I'm pointing out that any player that plays Bryant physical is a bad matchup. There's a reason he's been playing a lot more on the perimeter. He's a big kid that hasn't been taught proper footwork, post moves, and court awareness. He's probably a third tier big in the B1G at this point.

His foot work is awful.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

As mentioned earlier, all the momentum that TB and OG finished with last year has disappeared. Granted OG has been hurt, but he looks like a different player. Timid and TO prone. TB is soft, other BIgs eat his lunch. DD is far better down low. TURNOVERS..... somehow someway we must fix this. Guys get to the rim on us to easy, the play to end the first half was just awful. So bummed right now.