Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) QB Nick Tronti to IU

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I seriously doubt Lagow feels threatened by a freshman Nick Tronti unless he's a Tom Brady clone.   And with the other QB's still on our roster, I could envision a red-shirt year.

He might not feel threatened by Tronti specifically, but the new coaches we brought in run a different system than Wilson did and it isn't suited to Lagow's style of play. We have several other QB's who fit that system so he might see the writing on the wall. Hopefully that motivates him to put in extra work this offseason. 

How is the Florida Mr. Football only a two star recruit? Does it have to do with his height? Seems odd to me.

Didn't go to camps. Would study and workout. Supposedly takes working out seriously like Tebow. Also his HS coach said he's a playbook guru basically

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

ESPN released an updated scouting report for Tronti. 3* 76 grade, 32nd QB in the 2017 class. Compared to a less physical, but more athletic version of Sean White (Auburn).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208944/nick-tronti

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know about that one, maybe going into the spring, but he's literally the exact opposite type of QB that DeBord likes to use.

Exactly!! Its either Ramsey w him as backup or if Tronti really plays well in spring it will be him w Lagow as backup. Whichever young qb gets the call he will have a short leash for Lagow to come in. Unless he can work a miracle with Lagow I think it is telling how much of a push we made for Tronti.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly!! Its either Ramsey w him as backup or if Tronti really plays well in spring it will be him w Lagow as backup. Whichever young qb gets the call he will have a short leash for Lagow to come in. Unless he can work a miracle with Lagow I think it is telling how much of a push we made for Tronti.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

There won't be a Tronti in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners