Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) QB Nick Tronti to IU

Florida dual-threat quarterback, currently committed to Charlotte:    

QB Nick Tronti has been offered by Indiana

So I can see why WKU offered. Now I'm no expert in recruiting kids.... However I do watch a lot of recruits videos. For the 5 mins I watched. He is pretty mobile and man can he throw some dimes. His receivers didn't look that athletic either. He had food placement. However he may have to work on footwork in the pocket sometimes looks like he is over stepping on some throws like Lagow does. However I think he deserves a higher rating than a high 70.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks to have a quick, compact release that generates a lot of velocity and that he can get off from any angle. Nice mobility. Plays in a spread offense that gets rid of the ball quickly.

Threw five TDs in a close loss in his state championship game against an undefeated private school that has quite a few D1 prospects. He plays at a public school. Apparently broke his collar bone in the playoffs last year which affected his ability to be seen as a recruit.

Could be a really nice find for us.

Looks to have a quick, compact release that generates a lot of velocity and that he can get off from any angle. Nice mobility. Plays in a spread offense that gets rid of the ball quickly.

Threw five TDs in a close loss in his state championship game against an undefeated private school that has quite a few D1 prospects. He plays at a public school. Apparently broke his collar bone in the playoffs last year which affected his ability to be seen as a recruit.

Could be a really nice find for us.

You know who else has a lot of velocity? Lagow. That velocity is no good without control and placement. His video looks like his receivers bail him out too often.

You know who else has a lot of velocity? Lagow. That velocity is no good without control and placement. His video looks like his receivers bail him out too often.

Fair points. I don't know much about evaluating QBs. To my naked eye this kid looks to have a quick release, good pocket awareness, squares up on his throws and throws well on the run. Obviously a better athlete which works well in DeBord's offense. Two completely different QBs IMO.

Lagow's arm is much stronger. In all fairness to this kid, he's only 18 while Lagow is in his early 20s. Unless we can pull Lytle or Burmeister, any 2017 QB isn't likely to see the field for a few years. All I'm saying is he looks to be a good project, more than worthy of using a scholarship on when we have no other 2017 QB.

We HAVE to take a QB this year with a new offense that requires a dual threat QB. I am very excited about seeing what Ramsey does this spring.

Fair points. I don't know much about evaluating QBs. To my naked eye this kid looks to have a quick release, good pocket awareness, squares up on his throws and throws well on the run. Obviously a better athlete which works well in DeBord's offense. Two completely different QBs IMO.

Lagow's arm is much stronger. In all fairness to this kid, he's only 18 while Lagow is in his early 20s. Unless we can pull Lytle or Burmeister, any 2017 QB isn't likely to see the field for a few years. All I'm saying is he looks to be a good project, more than worthy of using a scholarship on when we have no other 2017 QB.

We HAVE to take a QB this year with a new offense that requires a dual threat QB. I am very excited about seeing what Ramsey does this spring.

I believe this kid also won Florida Mr. Football this past season. So I'm unsure how he doesn't have any better offers. I believe I read somewhere that he was injured for most of his junior season which limited the exposure.

Ponte Vedra's Nick Tronti named Florida's Mr. Football

By Brian Jackson - Digital sports reporter

Posted: 11:57 PM, December 21, 2016Updated: 11:57 PM, December 21, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Nick Tronti was already going to down as the best quarterback in St. John’s County since Tim Tebow. On Wednesday the Ponte Vedra senior became just our sixth local athlete to be named Florida's Mr. Football.

Last week Tronti was named the class 5A player of the year. He won Mr. Football by a large margin over the state’s other seven classes and independents.

Tronti led Ponte Vedra to an undefeated season until they came up just short against nationally ranked American Heritage in the State Championship game. He’s the first local to win the award since Deandre Johnson of First Coast High School in 2014. Tronti is committed to UNC Charlotte and finished this season just short of 4000 total yards and tallied 53 touchdowns.

Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.

Arizona and UConn offered this week.

http://staugustine.com/sports-high-school-high-school-football/2017-01-19/tronti-receives-late-offers-indiana-arizona-and

Tronti plans to leave for Bloomington, Indiana, for a visit this weekend and then visit either Arizona or UConn next weekend in his final visit before signing day on Feb. 1. He said he will make a final decision by mid next week.