Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

(2017) WR Tyrese Fryfogle to IU

Committed 1/17/17.

http://247sports.com/player/tyrese-fryfogle-90523

We offered this athletic gentleman. I would say Heard has his eyes on him. Must be a diamond or gem. He is not ranked. However Heard has great judgement of WR. So I'll take it and he has good size and speed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Heard was originally recruiting Fryfogle to join him at Ole Miss and is now trying to get him to play for IU. Fryfogle will be on campus this weekend for an official visit to learn more about the Hoosiers. "Coach Heard wants me to come check it out and visit," Fryfogle said. "Me and Coach Heard and real close. I really like him a lot."

Fryfogle and Heard have been in contact for about a year or so now. Heard was initially impressed with the 6-foot-2, 204-pound receiver's mix of speed and athleticism and now wants him to be a Hoosier.

The coaching staff is going to play a key role in whichever school Fryfogle ends up selecting, he said. His relationship with Heard could prove to be a crucial factor by the time he makes his decision.

"He's just a great guy," Fryfogle said. "Even outside of coaching we can talk about anything. Football wise, he sees potential in me to be great if I come in, work hard and do all the things I'm supposed to do."

As a senior, Fryfogle put up a massive stat line of 88 catches for 1,432 yards and 13 touchdowns. He's a two-time member of the Sun Herald All-South Mississippi Team with potential to play just about anywhere on the field.

Despite Heard leaving Ole Miss for Indiana, the Rebels are still at the forefront of Fryfogle's recruitment. He'll visit their campus Jan. 28 after visiting Bloomington Jan. 14.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/new-2017-receiver-offer-tyrese-fryfogle-eager-to-visit-iu-this-week

He chose us over ole miss where he has long family ties and tradition. Speaks volumes of Grant Heard and where we are as a football school. Some will say he wasn't highly ranked.... Well ole miss wanted him and they're pretty good. Congrats to this staff. Let's keep the momentum going

13 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

He chose us over ole miss where he has long family ties and tradition. Speaks volumes of Grant Heard and where we are as a football school. Some will say he wasn't highly ranked.... Well ole miss wanted him and they're pretty good. Congrats to this staff. Let's keep the momentum going

Speaks to how much progress was made over Wilson's tenure at IU. I remember us competing with the Ball State's and the Bowling Green's for recruits when Lynch was here. Now it just has to translate into the field. #BreakThrough