Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Redding and Oliver declaring for the NFL draft

Don't really agree with his decision but best of luck Devine, Hoosier nation will always support you! I mean he did rush for over 1,000 yds. each of the last two seasons and who knows how the O-line will look next season so I understand his decision. Let's see who steps up next season, Camion, Majette, or Williams?

However. Got a huge theory. He was getting beat out by Patrick until patrick messed his knee up. Patrick and Allen have both said he is playing RB next year..... Devine knows he can't compete. So he enters draft and get signed on as FA or something. Also, Devine is very well educated and he is actually really gifted in arts (from what I hear)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

However. Got a huge theory. He was getting beat out by Patrick until patrick messed his knee up. Patrick and Allen have both said he is playing RB next year..... Devine knows he can't compete. So he enters draft and get signed on as FA or something. Also, Devine is very well educated and he is actually really gifted in arts (from what I hear)

That's a good theory. Devine didn't get too many carries at all last spring behind Camion. Kind of forgot he was on the team at some points.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wonder if Feeney leaving and a new OC were factors? Those are two big variables.

I wonder if Redding leaving opens the depth chart for Lynn Bowden? Our track record with RBs getting into the league is impressive and someone as talented as Bowden could get huge PT as a true freshman.

I like Gest's talent a lot, and Brookings had a solid bowl game.

It's going to be the Camion Patrick show at RB next season.

Sucks about Oliver, but not really surprised and I think we have pretty solid depth there with Covington and Willis, both of whom are capable of stepping in. I hope Scales comes back though.

We also have Mike McGinnis (JUCO), Thomas Allen and De'Mo Burnam coming in at LB. We are also a Top 4 finalist for Jaquan Henderson. Not to mention we have CTA and Coach Inge who are excellent at developing LBs.

I really hope Scales comes back, but his stock may never be higher. LB is a physically demanding position.

7 minutes ago, akhosrof said:

We also have Mike McGinnis (JUCO), Thomas Allen and De'Mo Burnam coming in at LB. We are also a Top 4 finalist for Jaquan Henderson. Not to mention we have CTA and Coach Inge who are excellent at developing LBs.

I really hope Scales comes back, but his stock may never be higher. LB is a physically demanding position.

I agree we'll be fine if Scales bolts, but he's a quality talent and you always hate to lose them. Not saying which is in his best interest, but I'm selfish and want to see him come back ;).

This is a terrible decision at face value. He was a good back for us but I never thought of him as an NFL prospect during his time here. He probably saw the writing on the wall and realized the carries weren't going to be there for him next year. Might as well take a chance and see what happens while his stock is as high as it'll get. I can't fault him for that. Best of luck to him! 

Kinda feel bad for Devine. Tevin and Jordan got to run behind a great line and were helped by an amazing passing game. It was much easier to focus on the run for opposing defenses this year than it was during Sudfeld's career.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners