Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Tennessee's Mike DeBord hired as new Indiana OC

The Tennessee forum i'm skimming through has mixed reactions, but most agree he wasn't a bad OC.

Just did a quick twitter search on him and the only reaction I saw was that it's the best thing to happen. He seems to fit the style that CTA wanted with a run-first offense.

Just now, The Ola Depot said:

Just did a quick twitter search on him and the only reaction I saw was that it's the best thing to happen. He seems to fit the style that CTA wanted with a run-first offense.

I never really look at twitter because I've found that even relating to the most recent Indiana tweets, a lot of them are stuff I flat out disagree with but looking at Tennessee's forum they're even saying DeBord didn't have complete control over the offense. Apparently Butch Jones had a lot of input and they're upset about that.

From Tennessee.247

Tennessee’s offense averaged 36.4 points per game this season, rushing for 2,668 yards and passing for 3,100. The Vols had 28 touchdowns through the air and another 31 on the ground.

Tennessee averaged 35.2 points per game in 2015, DeBord’s first season on the job, rushing for 2,908 yards and throwing for 2,582. The Vols had 32 rushing touchdowns and 17 passing.

From ESPN:  In 2016, IU rushed for 1,979 yds and had 3,559 passing yds.; 21 passing TDs; 18 rushing TDs.   In 2015, 2,736 rushing yds.; 3,820 passing yds.; 27 passing TDs; 27 rushing TDs.

Ok here's what my Vols friend just texted me in response to this: "Yeah I saw that. He seemed to do ok at Tennessee. Just spread offense so if you have a duel threat quarterback it seemed to work best ."

Not really sure what this means, as Lagow definitely isn't a dual threat guy. Man I would kill to have a Tre Roberson here right now. What about the redshirt King, isn't he more of a dual threat option? Or Ramsey?