Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUMBB vs Wisconsin - Game Thread - 1/3/17

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

What has happened to Thomas bryant? He has changed in a bad way. Last year I took him as having passion and complained a bit to much. Now he wines about everything and acts hurt 24 7. I was at ipfw game and it was pathetic watching him lay on the court and complain

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Happ had his way with him. Like he is just trying to get through the season.

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

What has happened to Thomas bryant? He has changed in a bad way. Last year I took him as having passion and complained a bit to much. Now he wines about everything and acts hurt 24 7. I was at ipfw game and it was pathetic watching him lay on the court and complain

I've grown sick of him, to be honest.  No amount of whining or complaining or pouting will make the ref change the call, but he will try to no end.  Then after a routine play hollars like he just won the friggin' Super Bowl.

Well he had guys like yogi feeding him the ball for easy dunks. We are now seeing what he is when he has to create on his own. He is slow and not nimble at all.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Awful start, decent middle, awful finish. I can't even with these TOs, they are killing us. While watching our "offense" I was like coach knows WE'RE down 7 right? I've given JN the benefit of doubt, no more. He is not ready for prime time. Freddie try's hard, but no thank you. McRoberts defends well but no O. DD is a better player than TB, period, he must start. OG has clearly lost the momentum he had last year, passive, turnover machine. To say rojo is in a slump would be an understatement, I don't know that I've seen a worse interior passer. TB act is wearing thin, Happ destroyed him. Why JBJ was on the bench when we needed him most was ridiculous. CTC was terrible tonight, it was really obvious. More cujo, and green, less JN, FM, and JMc. Hoping for better results against Illinois. Go Hoosiers!

Our Big 10 schedule started out in our favor but, we sure as heck squandered that edge away. This is a team that is going to play better on the road? I have my doubts.
CTC is a good man. Terrible Coach. Basketball basics and knowing who/when to substitute has passed him by.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I watched a good, mediocre high school girls game instead of that planned, mess of a game.

Out of spirit and knowing the outcome, I did go back on the DVR to see how bad it was.

• We are overplaying on defense instead of communicating.  Leaving huge gaps beyond the arc will boost a 3pt team's ego and it has shown.
  • Going back to the previous point, NO ONE communicates out there.
  • I will say this, watching what I saw last night, I would take an Ethan Happ over a TB any day.  I love the mechanics, the basics, and the IQ of this kid.
  • There is no Chemistry with this team.  It is stagnant and downright ugly.
  • Somebody use the smelling salts on RoJo.  Go to Cook Hall and don't leave until you are comfortable again.  He has hit his mid-season disappearing act.
  • Unless we are up by 20 points with 2 minutes to go in the game, I do not want to see the Mc's on the floor (McSwain and McRoberts).
  • It's funny that people that I talk to and on this forum call Zach McRoberts, Josh!
  • We miss Yogi more than we think.  He is why we had some many wide open threes.  That is completely gone now.
  • The offense that we run does not allow us to create. I saw OG make a couple of great drives and that was it.  TB, JBJ, ROJO...Nope!
  • We don't know how to screen, let alone use a screen.  A pick and roll would do this team wonders.
  • I am trying damn hard to remain coach neutral...16-2 to start the game!!!  ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If we lose to Illinois, It's time to release the Kraken.

C'mon Hoosiers we are better than this!!!

I have never understood why T. Crean doesn't use picks / screens to get his extremely capable shooters open.  Whether it's Jordan Hulls, James Blackman, Robert Johnson, or whoever - USE A PICK!!!!

Just now, Naismith said:

I have never understood why T. Crean doesn't use picks / screens to get his extremely capable shooters open.  Whether it's Jordan Hulls, James Blackman, Robert Johnson, or whoever - USE A PICK!!!!

AMEN brother!  ...call me crazy but I think it just might work instead of the.....pass the ball around the outside and hope that you can get a shot off in time.....Let Thomas Bryant dribble for 10 seconds and try to create a shot only to have it stolen or blocked.....JN dribble into traffic, jump, and have no other option to pass...

The pick/screen thing.  Goodness.  Somebody show these kids a highlight video of the Davis boys (Dale and Antonio) setting screens.  They'd knock people silly to free up Reggie.  I've not seen a good, solid screen in a long time.  Maybe back to the Pritchard days.  He'd screen people.  Hard.  Heck, I'd take Pritch back over TB at this point.

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

The pick/screen thing.  Goodness.  Somebody show these kids a highlight video of the Davis boys (Dale and Antonio) setting screens.  They'd knock people silly to free up Reggie.  I've not seen a good, solid screen in a long time.  Maybe back to the Pritchard days.  He'd screen people.  Hard.  Heck, I'd take Pritch back over TB at this point.

Agreed pap.  A good screen also works as well as you run your man off of it.  I do see guys try to set a wide screen but our guards are no where close to them.  It's easy for the defender to slip through.

I miss the old Pacer days.  That was good ball (even for NBA).

I'd have Rob bring the ball up and James at the 2 OG at the 3 Bryant at the 4 and Davis at the 5. Bring Morgan in for anyone in the starting 5. That makes him a valuable 6 man that plays a ton of minutes. Best guys are all on the court. Newkirk and company for fresh legs as backup only. I bet we start winning!

53 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I'd have Rob bring the ball up and James at the 2 OG at the 3 Bryant at the 4 and Davis at the 5. Bring Morgan in for anyone in the starting 5. That makes him a valuable 6 man that plays a ton of minutes. Best guys are all on the court. Newkirk and company for fresh legs as backup only. I bet we start winning!

So many people on this board can see this it's scary that McSwain is still getting minutes.