Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

cappymo14

First game at The Hall....Suggestions?

Making the trip down for our first game at AH. Leaving tomorrow morning and should arrive by 2pm. Looking for suggestions on where to go / what to see? What are the best pre/post game drinking establishments? Where are the best eats? Nightlife? Is there something either on campus or off that I should not miss while there? Big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yogi's is pretty good too and is a little closer to Assembly Hall than the other establishments on Kirkwood. Don't know how crowded these places will be with most of the students still on winter break.

They're still crazy. I've been to two games over break and ended up eating fast food both times after thinking we were there "plenty early".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Low 30's. Looking mostly for that.

Nicks for sure. But, make sure you leave enough time to walk around in AH with the new renovations. It's pretty sweet. Linger after the game. We got out on the court. Three players came out to sign autographs. We saw several others come out afterwards as well.

IU alum here, still live in Bloomington.

-Be prepared for terrible traffic on 37 ( Road from Indy to Bloomington) The traffic can be terrible with the construction of 69 currently. I'd leave early.

-Bars to visit since you're in your early 30's. Nicks , Kilroys on Kirkwood(might be closed though, construction I believe) , and Yogi's is nice.

- Food wise, id stick with the Bloomington musts, Mother Bears and buffalouies are my favorite. Nicks also has really good food.

-Try to check out Cook Hall before the game, it's amazing.

- Enter Assembly Hall through the South Entrance (Cook Hall side). They obviously redid most of it this summer, they have some really cool interactive video boards in the main lobbies of Assembly Hall

Of course, take a walk around campus if you can , it's beautiful. Students are gone for the most part so it shouldn't be too packed. Nightlife after the games to drink would probably be Kilroys on Kirkwood or Brothers.

IU alum here, still live in Bloomington.

-Be prepared for terrible traffic on 37 ( Road from Indy to Bloomington) The traffic can be terrible with the construction of 69 currently. I'd leave early.

-Bars to visit since you're in your early 30's. Nicks , Kilroys on Kirkwood(might be closed though, construction I believe) , and Yogi's is nice.

- Food wise, id stick with the Bloomington musts, Mother Bears and buffalouies are my favorite. Nicks also has really good food.

-Try to check out Cook Hall before the game, it's amazing.

- Enter Assembly Hall through the South Entrance (Cook Hall side). They obviously redid most of it this summer, they have some really cool interactive video boards in the main lobbies of Assembly Hall

Of course, take a walk around campus if you can , it's beautiful. Students are gone for the most part so it shouldn't be too packed. Nightlife after the games to drink would probably be Kilroys on Kirkwood or Brothers.

Thanks Treesh! And all of the posters here! Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully IU comes out hot! I'm going to take your advice and will likely stop in at Nicks prior to game and Kilroy's after. If anyone else is going to be out and about tomorrow, let me know on here and I'll be proud to buy any of you a drink of your choosing! I'll be the mid-size white guy wearing a red Indiana sweatshirt. Can't miss me.

I'll be headed up to the hall Saturday for my first game, any suggestions on parking?

Students aren't there so go park at the Briscoe dorm lot for free. $10 north of Mellencamp Pavilion if you feel like paying. Just about the same walk for either.

They're still crazy. I've been to two games over break and ended up eating fast food both times after thinking we were there "plenty early".

Is the new one on the West side busy on game days? Not nearly as nostalgic but planning to stop by that one before the game.