Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana vs Louisville Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Tom Crean: “The biggest thing to me, I don’t see us shooting that way very often.”

Welp, more chucking 3's to come!

Thats the only offense he knows

U of L is legit. Having said that we HAVE to cut down these turnovers. Rojo was awful today. He has terrible turnovers EVERY game. Juwan and De Ron were bright spots. OG seemed more aggressive, I think he got the message. TB is soft, and cujo was really shaky. I've tried hard to root for Josh but he makes it really hard. We are at our best when we attack the rim not dribbling the shot clock away and hoping for the best. We have all the pieces, just need to fit them all together. This post brought to you by fireball and natty lights. Go Hoosiers!

Tough loss today. UL is the best defensive team in the country and they showed it. Our guys played hard all game, destroyed them on the boards. Shots just wouldn't go....some missed badly. Another opposing player comes in and gets a career high against the Hoosiers....what's with that? I've heard it said on here enough, but always thought it coincidental. It's every game isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Tough loss today. UL is the best defensive team in the country and they showed it. Our guys played hard all game, destroyed them on the boards. Shots just wouldn't go....some missed badly. Another opposing player comes in and gets a career high against the Hoosiers....what's with that? I've heard it said on here enough, but always thought it coincidental. It's every game isn't it?

At least it was Donovan Mitchell? Dude is really talented, just struggled to get things going for them. Unlike seemingly every Wisconsin game where some kid no one has ever heard of goes off on us/ 

This game meant nothing. The real test comes Tuesday. Wisconsin can create turnovers just like UL. TB and Davis are going to have a nightmare on their hands named Ethan Happ. Don't kid yourselves, that guy is WAY more talented than TB. His 7th and 8th moves are better than TB's first. They shoot the 3 better, move the ball better, play better defense. They are also beatable. We will get shots, they are susceptible to dribble penetration and are not great rebounders. We cannot waste possessions with them. Don't turn it over or I promise you, Wisconsin will go for the throat. They will hammer a 3 after each turnover. Count on it. Happ, Hayes, and Koenig are the scoring threats. Hayes knows how to draw calls so be careful there.

Wisconsin on Tuesday is a must win game. How will the Hoosiers prepare knowing that cappymo14 will be in attendance for his first ever game at AH? No pressure Hoosiers.....just win. I live and work in Madison, Wi. Everyone knows I'm going. Trust me, I need a win almost as much as you do.

Wisconsin on Tuesday is a must win game. How will the Hoosiers prepare knowing that cappymo14 will be in attendance for his first ever game at AH? No pressure Hoosiers.....just win. I live and work in Madison, Wi. Everyone knows I'm going. Trust me, I need a win almost as much as you do.

Good luck with that. I would say it's 50/50 or slight edge to Wiscy. When are the students back?

Good luck with that. I would say it's 50/50 or slight edge to Wiscy. When are the students back?

I'm not sure exactly when the students come back. Might not be until the 9th? Either way, I think IU can pull it off. It's must win in my book. Hope Crean and the players see it that way. I'm not as ready to burn it all down after this loss as most. Top ten team, best defense in the nation, extremely long at every position.....We didn't get blown off the court there....within 6 second half, had a legit chance to win up to the last five minutes....with all those mistakes? Critical mistakes and couldn't hit anything all game yet still in striking distance? Like I said earlier, I think a loss here means nothing, but shows if we clean it up, we will win. Tuesday will tell me all I need to know about this season. Must win.

3 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Man, I finally get tickets to my first game at AH, against Illinois and really good seats by the way, and not sure if I even want to go. 

If they are good seats and you do not want to go let me know if you want to sell them.

Interested.

I'm not sure exactly when the students come back. Might not be until the 9th? Either way, I think IU can pull it off. It's must win in my book. Hope Crean and the players see it that way. I'm not as ready to burn it all down after this loss as most. Top ten team, best defense in the nation, extremely long at every position.....We didn't get blown off the court there....within 6 second half, had a legit chance to win up to the last five minutes....with all those mistakes? Critical mistakes and couldn't hit anything all game yet still in striking distance? Like I said earlier, I think a loss here means nothing, but shows if we clean it up, we will win. Tuesday will tell me all I need to know about this season. Must win.

I would feel the same way if I hadn't seen this play out before. How often can we say if we had just "insert fundamental basketball comment." That's the thing with this brand of basketball.

Louisville missed a lot of good looks and some bunnies as well, so I kind of think that evens out.  If Louisville hit some of their good looks early on that game could've been double digits a lot earlier than it was.

We rely too much on the 3.  If changes aren't made to the offense to become less so, which won't happen, then these games will happen.