Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2017 Football Schedule

8/31 Ohio State -- 8:30 pm ET/ESPN
9/9 @ Virginia -- 3:30 pm ET/ACC Network Extra
9/16 Florida International -- 3:30 pm ET/BTN
9/23 Georgia Southern
9/30 @ Penn State
10/14 Michigan -- Noon ET
10/21 @ Michigan State -- 3:30 or 4:00 pm ET
10/28 @ Maryland -- 3:30 or 4:00 pm ET
11/4 Wisconsin
11/11 @ Illinois
11/18 Rutgers
11/25 @ Purdue
12/2 B1G Championship (LOS)

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2016/12/13/iu-and-ohio-state-to-kickoff-2017-football-season-on-thursday-night.aspx

Certainly a difficult schedule. I love the UVA matchup. Similar-minded, high quality academic institution. Bronco Mendenhall is a great coach, they will be improved in year two. Georgia Southern runs a triple option that is difficult to prepare for in a week, and they have a defensive minded coach who has had stingy defenses in the past. FIU recently hired Butch Davis, and they usually have good athletes on their team.

Wisconsin is a tough draw from the West. Illinois should be a fun matchup. I expect them to be improved year 2 under Lovie Smith. UMD and Rutgers should see some improvement in year 2 with their new coaches as well.

If there is a benefit to hosting OSU to open the season it's that they host Oklahoma the next week. Maybe we can catch them sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Opening with O$U on Thursday night is not my favorite choice. Was planing on going to that game presuming it's a Saturday. Gonna be a challenge to get to that game now. My kids will be back in school and getting permission from the boss to take them out and make the trip over will be next to impossible. I guess I'll have to make that trip solo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

@TimLMoody: Looks like Ohio State-Indiana will be an 8 p.m. kick (ESPN) and OSU-Oklahoma will be 7:30 p.m. (ABC). Announcement expected from OSU shortly

Prime time game! We bring back a bunch of experience and we know Wilson's offensive style (as he does our defense), but let's hope the defense takes another step forward and we may just start the season with one of the biggest wins in program history!

9 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Prime time game! We bring back a bunch of experience and we know Wilson's offensive style (as he does our defense), but let's hope the defense takes another step forward and we may just start the season with one of the biggest wins in program history!

Big upside for us is we should know what their D and offense look like. Still going to be a mountain to climb.