Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

Forrester (Westtown) and '19 C Aidan Igiehon (Lawrence Woodmere) on stream this Sunday. 

@Baller_TV: The @EmpireInvite is PACKED with D1 talent, featuring a HUGE matchup as @ranneyschool's @scott_lewis_23 and @BryanAntoine_ take on @WTbbasketball's @DUKEMBB Commit @CamReddish. 

All games will be LIVE on BallerTV!  https://www.baller.tv/empire-invitational

DOjv8E8UQAAH7ca.jpg

@chickg3: Final Westtown over Shipley 92-67 behind 6'8" Sr. Cam Reddish (Duke) w/27pts 7asts, 6'2" Soph TJ Berger w/17pts 4 treys 4asts, 6'9" Sr. Jake Forrester (Indiana) w/12pts 6reb 3blks & 6'2" Jr. Jalen Gaffney w/12pts 4asts in the win

Westtown fell 74-71 on a 3 at the buzzer.

@chickg3: For Westtown team MVP 6'8" Sr. Cam Reddish (Duke)had 25pts 4 treys 4asts, 6'2" Soph TJ Berger had 16pts 4 treys 3asts, 6'9" Sr. Jake Forrester (Indiana) had 12pts 9reb and 6'7" Soph Noah Collier had 11pts 9reb in the loss

Reddish took 19 shots for 16 points with 13 of them being 3s. I’m not understanding why he is considered a top 3 player. 

Yep. Mostly because he has incredible skills for his size but it seems like it's all window dressing.

He's not a winner in my estimation. He's a bit selfish. His shooting percentages aren't as strong as they should be. BUT he has the size and skills to have a higher ceiling than most. A very hard one to judge.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep. Mostly because he has incredible skills for his size but it seems like it's all window dressing.

He's not a winner in my estimation. He's a bit selfish. His shooting percentages aren't as strong as they should be. BUT he has the size and skills to have a higher ceiling than most. A very hard one to judge.

That is why I am a big fan of Forrester. He hustles and produces even though his usage rate is way down. Reddish has great NBA potential but I see him as a guy who went to school one year but didn’t do much ala Andrew Wiggins. 

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The only player ahead of Romeo that warrants that distinction is Barrett. I’ll take Romeo over Zion, Reddish, Bol Bol and Nassir Little

Worked an AAU tournament that he played at very very good player. Unbelievable talent but his team lost early in the tournament when they were head and shoulders the best team there. I don’t think he’s as concerned with winning in High school as he is with his stats.

3 minutes ago, barrettballer said:

Worked an AAU tournament that he played at very very good player. Unbelievable talent but his team lost early in the tournament when they were head and shoulders the best team there. I don’t think he’s as concerned with winning in High school as he is with his stats.

Probably will carry over to college then. 

@RealJakeHyman: Westtown finishes a perfect 8-0 Friends Schools League regular season slate with a 76-39 victory over Friends’ Central. Notables:
Cam Reddish: 25 PTS (15 in first quarter), 10 REB, 6 AST, 3 STL
Noah Collier: 14 PTS, 9 REB, 2 STL
Jake Forrester: 13 PTS, 13 REB, 1 BLK

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Forrester seems like the perfect big for Archie's system. I like that he's used to not being the star. That's pretty rare. 

You've got that right. The kid has zero offense ran for him because everything they do revolves around Cam Reddish. 

25 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Jake is kind of the forgotten man here.  He may be very important for us.  Sure love seeing things like this, though!

https://twitter.com/begreatjake/status/958185227305869312

Oh my goodness; with that tweet he could be an effective, cranky-a$$ BtwonBanners poster!

Love it.

The only player ahead of Romeo that warrants that distinction is Barrett. I’ll take Romeo over Zion, Reddish, Bol Bol and Nassir Little

I personally feel like Bol Bol is too high myself. I know these rankings have a lot to do with potential and yes he has that too. But at his height and his low release on his shot will hurt him after HS b-ball days