Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

19 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Maybe year two I just don't see year one imo. Moore put up good hs numbers and is on the bench. Maybe I will be wrong.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Moore played small time ball in the Philly suburbs. Forrester plays for a very talented prep school that travels a lot and plays good competition. 

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

Cam Reddish isnt exactly the most willing passer Ive seen.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Got to love the freak outs over a box score and yet nobody notices that Reddish was 8-22. 40% is a pretty high percentage of the team's shots. 

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'm not sure I buy that.  Clifton Moore is taller and bigger and can't get a sniff.  When he does, he looks very awkward and unready for D1 basketball.  Forrester isn't as good as Moore was; and I just don't see it.  

The "yang" to this is I really think Miller believes in building teams that have experience and size; so with a few 4 year players; I expect solid teams.

Moore doesn't get a sniff because he wants to play like a 3 point shooting wing instead of a 6'10 post player that is willing to go get rebounds and finish at the rim. Forreter I completely different than Moore.

27 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'm not sure I buy that.  Clifton Moore is taller and bigger and can't get a sniff.  When he does, he looks very awkward and unready for D1 basketball.  Forrester isn't as good as Moore was; and I just don't see it.  

The "yang" to this is I really think Miller believes in building teams that have experience and size; so with a few 4 year players; I expect solid teams.

Moore was a much different player in high school than Jake is now. Moore thought he was a wing and he could get away with that against the competition he faced.

Jake knows he’s a paint player that’s supposed to get boards, play good D,  and dunk everything. That’s exactly what Archie will expect of him in college.

I actually think a mobile, athletic big fits Archie’s system much better than a guy like Davis. 

Why do we have to freak out about absolutely everything ? That’s all some of you guys do on here. Do you enjoy anything about IU basketball or is it torture ??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, frankly it's been mostly torture over the past 20 years. Lol. Easy to explain the pessimistic viewpoints when history supports losing, recruiting failures, etc.

It's amazing that we hold on our crazy fandom through all the losing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, frankly it's been mostly torture over the past 20 years. Lol. Easy to explain the pessimistic viewpoints when history supports losing, recruiting failures, etc.

It's amazing that we hold on our crazy fandom through all the losing.

Yeah after I wrote “is it just torture?” I thought to myself.. well yeah it actually has been torturous for awhile now lol

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Jake Forrester can play the Freddie McSwain garbage man role next year with about a 4 inch height advantage. 

Unless some unanticipated additions happen in the Spring, either Forrester or Moore are going to have to be ready to play some minutes behind Davis next season. 

Though I think we’ll have more roster turnover than we all anticipate, which could make the above moot. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Unless some unanticipated additions happen in the Spring, either Forrester or Moore are going to have to be ready to play some minutes behind Davis next season. 

Though I think we’ll have more roster turnover than we all anticipate, which could make the above moot. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Race (6'8" 220 lbs.) pickup Freddie's minutes next year.

Jake Forrester can play the Freddie McSwain garbage man role next year with about a 4 inch height advantage. 
I don't see it. People always hype guys before they arrive. Moore was going to get 15 mns a game per alot of posters and he sits. We will be fine up front and he may get 2 mns a game if not redshirted . Sorry but he's not ready yet.

9 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I don't see it. People always hype guys before they arrive. Moore was going to get 15 mns a game per alot of posters and he sits. We will be fine up front and he may get 2 mns a game if not redshirted . Sorry but he's not ready yet.

People always want to hope for the best.

There were a lot of people defending Gelon after going scoreless in multiple high school games....but in the end that was a very good indication of his talent level.

People always want to hope for the best.
There were a lot of people defending Gelon after going scoreless in multiple high school games....but in the end that was a very good indication of his talent level.

Yea, I was one of the most ardent critics of Gelon. But I mostly received nothing but sunshine pumping to make me feel better.

Unlike , A Few Good Men, I can handle the truth. High school and AAU performances aren't the end all be all, but they are a good barometer once things are factored in.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm not totally ripping Forrester based on his performances. I realize that Cam Reddish is a gunner. I just wish the team was winning more and Forrester was a bigger factor. He isn't having a Grant Gelon type year by any means. He plays high level teams and he is the teams 2nd or 3rd option.
Pluses and minuses but Forrester will be an interesting one to follow because he has through the roof potential if he can find a way towards impact and consistency.

Yea, I was one of the most ardent critics of Gelon. But I mostly received nothing but sunshine pumping to make me feel better.

Unlike , A Few Good Men, I can handle the truth. High school and AAU performances aren't the end all be all, but they are a good barometer once things are factored in.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm not totally ripping Forrester based on his performances. I realize that Cam Reddish is a gunner. I just wish the team was winning more and Forrester was a bigger factor. He isn't having a Grant Gelon type year by any means. He plays high level teams and he is the teams 2nd or 3rd option.
Pluses and minuses but Forrester will be an interesting one to follow because he has through the roof potential if he can find a way towards impact and consistency.

The problem is every recruit we ever sign people seem to think will come in and get minutes right away. Could he surprise sure but I'm not seeing the numbers to support him playing much the 1st year.