Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

Yeah I wasn't really on board with calling Juwan a "3 and D" guy.  He's not really even a wing.  He's a forward.  He plays inside, ready for rebounds, putbacks, set screens, get dump passes, provide help, absorb contact, and hustle plays.  His defense is good but not outstanding.  He's just a very good college player.  His biggest asset is probably his attitude.  

That was always my issue, kept hearing how he was going to blow up last year because of how he did in the spring then comes the season and he still has no shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Someone previously mentioned Jakes #168 ranking. The rankings are so much crap. UNC has 2 players coming in this upcoming season, Brandon Huffman #195 and Sterling Manley #263. Both are out of whack imo! Huffman is a top 75-100 player and Manley isn't too far off. But again, that's my 5 cents. I'm one that doesn't get caught up in all these rankings! Archie has seen something in Mr Forrester that he likes
While I agree somewhat the teams with the most success usually have alot of highly rated players

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah!! And Juwan can run the point! Oh wait...
We need Davis to stay another year and I think he will. His foul issues won't go away overnight. I think he will have a good year but will still be a year from the nba.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Forrester making it official.
DOI4k4nVQAA2V3W.jpg&key=cd46ee284a4473768bf067994584813b97752fa0b86951aeb2cfdde2d4e3c22f

He looks big in the pic next to Archie. I am excited to see how his Senior season goes after having a better chance to shine with Mo Bamba and Randolph moving on.

Some of his highlight clips show more aggression and enthusiasm than I saw in the 2 games I watched. Encouraged he may be really growing as a player.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He looks big in the pic next to Archie. I am excited to see how his Senior season goes after having a better chance to shine with Mo Bamba and Randolph moving on.

Some of his highlight clips show more aggression and enthusiasm than I saw in the 2 games I watched. Encouraged he may be really growing as a player.

Watch this clip from a game two weeks ago.  This may be the game he had that prevented him from attending HH.  Anyway it's 10 minutes of gameplay, and you get to see a lot of what Jake is up to on both ends of the floor.  From what I can see the other team is better coached, while Jake's team seems to be looking for highlight plays (Jake included).  You can tell he's not a focal point of the offense on his team (that goes to Reddish).  That said, I like him.  He definitely sees himself as a rim-protector, and has some fire to him.  I love that he seems to take a lot of pride in signing with Indiana.  And I like that Archie was laser-focused on getting his commitment.  

16 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Watch this clip from a game two weeks ago.  This may be the game he had that prevented him from attending HH.  Anyway it's 10 minutes of gameplay, and you get to see a lot of what Jake is up to on both ends of the floor.  From what I can see the other team is better coached, while Jake's team seems to be looking for highlight plays (Jake included).  You can tell he's not a focal point of the offense on his team (that goes to Reddish).  That said, I like him.  He definitely sees himself as a rim-protector, and has some fire to him.  I love that he seems to take a lot of pride in signing with Indiana.  And I like that Archie was laser-focused on getting his commitment.  

I think he might end up being one of the best if not the best recruit in this class not named Romeo or Darius. Just think he has always played on teams with stars on it. So he will know how to fit in nicely and be a mature upper classman. 

I think he might end up being one of the best if not the best recruit in this class not named Romeo or Darius. Just think he has always played on teams with stars on it. So he will know how to fit in nicely and be a mature upper classman. 

Joakim Noah type?

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Jake Forrester discusses signing with Indiana

Love the he just knows everything about basketball comment. Archie along with these 4 will build the foundation for IU to get back to the top.