Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I saw someone on another board say that Forrester is Archie's Tim Priller. Talk about a hot take. 

Well I think it's fair to say that the individual that said this doesn't know a whole lot about basketball lol.

If Archie's human victory cigar is a Top 150ish recruit with offers from Xavier, Miami, Minnesota, Providence and Pitt, we're in for quite a ride during the Miller era.
Think next year is key. He needs to get top 50 guys in 2019.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Think next year is key. He needs to get top 50 guys in 2019.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well we haven't offered anyone who's not a 5 star prospect except Jackson-Davis who will be 5 star by the time next rankings come out. 

13 hours ago, VO5 said:

Don't they see Race as a stretch 4 as well? I know we're looking to field forwards with length and go the "positionless" route, but seems weird to recruit 2 players in the same class that are basically supposed to play the same spot. 

I guess from reading around I thought the staff saw Forrester as our Center, for lack of a better term.

I wouldn't call it "weird' to recruit the same player. I wouldn't mind if we started 4 guys between 6'7 to 6'11-7'0 and a guard on the floor. What basketball is now really. I'd call it smart. Again, like this pickup. Especially with players we will have around next year like see Smith, Moore, Thompson, etc.....

34 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I wouldn't call it "weird' to recruit the same player. I wouldn't mind if we started 4 guys between 6'7 to 6'11-7'0 and a guard on the floor. What basketball is now really. I'd call it smart. Again, like this pickup. Especially with players we will have around next year like see Smith, Moore, Thompson, etc.....

Yeah, plus what's wrong with having two stretch 4's on the floor? Let them both play in the post or on the perimeter, depending on what the  opponent is throwing at us. Only makes it harder on the other team.

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah, plus what's wrong with having two stretch 4's on the floor? Let them both play in the post or on the perimeter, depending on what the  opponent is throwing at us. Only makes it harder on the other team.

Exactly, it makes us that much harder to guard. Then on the other end, it give us more length at each position. Im really interested in seeing what 5-6 of these guys develop into under CAM. It's a win-win 

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Arizona seems to have multiple 6-10+ guys every year. They can play them together or just at the 5. I hope that Forrester is a piece that will allow IU to do this in the future.

Next season: Davis, Moore, and Forrester

Yessir. And what if Juwan doesn't go pro? Look out! We will have several players 6'7 and up to put on the floor with 1 guard. I love it

On 9/12/2017 at 7:40 AM, Stuhoo said:

Guys - if you have been paying close attention to both this board and to what the staff has been saying, you would have a pretty good idea that Devonte Green has been conspicuously absent from any positive side talk during this off-season.

I was thinking about this just yesterday. Wonder if it's a not fitting in type thing? Or something else? That being said, I really liked what little we saw of him last season

8 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Yessir. And what if Juwan doesn't go pro? Look out! We will have several players 6'7 and up to put on the floor with 1 guard. I love it

Juwan is the epitome of a good college player but that said the NBA isn't clamoring for players like him. Don't get me wrong I love the player that he is but he's not what the NBA is looking for and I don't see him getting draft after his senior season let alonr after his junior season. 

50 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Juwan is the epitome of a good college player but that said the NBA isn't clamoring for players like him. Don't get me wrong I love the player that he is but he's not what the NBA is looking for and I don't see him getting draft after his senior season let alonr after his junior season. 

He's a "3 and D" player with good length, adequate athleticism and good defensive versatility. He'll get a shot somewhere I think.

Someone previously mentioned Jakes #168 ranking. The rankings are so much crap. UNC has 2 players coming in this upcoming season, Brandon Huffman #195 and Sterling Manley #263. Both are out of whack imo! Huffman is a top 75-100 player and Manley isn't too far off. But again, that's my 5 cents. I'm one that doesn't get caught up in all these rankings! Archie has seen something in Mr Forrester that he likes

Yeah I wasn't really on board with calling Juwan a "3 and D" guy.  He's not really even a wing.  He's a forward.  He plays inside, ready for rebounds, putbacks, set screens, get dump passes, provide help, absorb contact, and hustle plays.  His defense is good but not outstanding.  He's just a very good college player.  His biggest asset is probably his attitude.