Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Eric Ayala to Maryland

Eric Ayala
Indiana among those waiting on Ayala class decision

MIKE PEGRAM
2:15 PM
Eric Ayala's potential move to 2017 has brought him some added interest this summer. Yesterday he talked about his impending decision.

Picking a college can be tough enough, but Eric Ayala has an extra complication to deal with this summer.
The 6-foot-3 four-star combo guard out of the Wilmington, Delaware area is still contemplating whether to move up to the 2017 class and go to college this fall. Or he could stay for one more season at Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut.

Yesterday at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Virginia, he told Peegs.com where he stands on the decision.
“I will probably make a decision towards the end of July,” Ayala said. “Right now I just want to play through July. A lot of schools have been coming in lately and they just want to see where everything is at.”
Indiana is among those looking at him for either class. The Hoosiers have one open scholarship still for the upcoming season.
“Coach (Archie) Miller and I have been in contact ever since he got the job,” Ayala said. “Bruiser Flint, his assistant, we’ve been in contact since then.
“Indiana, I don’t know their guard situation, but they’re definitely in the mix as far as 2017 and 2018.”
He did list some of the other schools willing to add him for this fall.
“Syracuse is kind of out right now because they just took Geno Thorpe, and I don’t think they have any more scholarships right now. But Oregon, Ohio State, Maryland. Not too many that I can name off the top of my head. But those schools are willing to take me in 2017.”
It does sound like he’s tempted to jump into college this fall. He confirmed he has the necessary test scores and other academic qualifications.
“I am still trying to figure out the advantages of me going to 2018,” Ayala said. “I feel like if I was just trying to develop, I would get even better in college this year. I haven’t made my decision yet.
“I am not leaning towards one way, just trying to play through the summer.”
He’s traveling to campuses when he can, often influenced by where his basketball competition sends him.
“I just visited USC unofficially. Probably going to visit Oregon, get up to Syracuse again. Maryland is right down the street.”
If he looks to move to a college this fall, time will be of the essence.
“It would be a fast process if I were to go 2017,” Ayala acknowledged.
Again it’s an added complication that he tried to explain to the media yesterday.
“A lot of the main schools recruiting me are looking at me for 2017 and 2018. But some schools would rather take me in 2018 than 2017.
“Arizona is me for 2018 (only). Almost everybody except the three schools I said (Oregon, Ohio State, Maryland) for 2017, are recruiting me for 2018.”
One thing that won’t be an added complication is what position he wants to play on the floor. Ayala possesses some of the skills for the both the point and two guard role.
“At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter which position you put me at, I could play the one or two,” Ayala said. “A lot of schools they just want me there, they really don’t (specify) what position. I just want to be on the floor. I’ll play center if I have to.”
Mike Pegram article

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Holtmann is going to be another thorn in our side it appears.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Well, we could have had him or Archie, we chose Archie. We should outrecruit and outcoach them, that's what he was brought here to do.

It's at best our second choice coach at a football school. If he gets the best of us we are in for another disappointing tenure

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Well, we could have had him or Archie, we chose Archie. We should outrecruit and outcoach them, that's what he was brought here to do.

It's at best our second choice coach at a football school. If he gets the best of us we are in for another disappointing tenure

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Plus. it's not like Thad Matta was our whipping boy at recruiting and it just got tougher.

Seems a lot of guys here aren't too excited about him, but that doesn't mean he won't play here. Might as well get a look at him.

Highlights of four-star combo guard Eric Ayala from the NBPA Top 100 Camp

Krysten Peek | Rivals.com Video

No mention of IU.

Eric Ayala breaks down the latest on going 2017 or staying 2018 - A decision will come soon

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/819017?referrer_id=1272156

Yeah, that is where I thought we were in this one. Not upset.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

On 10/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Class of 2018 G Eric Ayala will announce Saturday at 5 pm between Maryland, Miami and Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cut Syrexcuse on the eve of his official? Ouch!