Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Eric Ayala to Maryland

Not really getting the hype with him. Consistently puts up mediocre numbers. I feel like we're in on much better players at his position 

From Jacob Polacheck at D1 Vision

Eric Ayala, the 6-foot-5 combo guard from Putnam Science (CT) Academy, has set a timeline for his decision on whether to reclassify to the 2017 class or remain in the 2018 class.

“I’ll probably make a decision after July,” Ayala told 247Sports this weekend at the Under Armour Association event in Los Angeles this weekend. “I don’t really know what I’m going to do as of right this second, but you know I’m still just taking it one day at a time and just trying to take my time with it.”

The 247Sports Crystal Ball favors Syracuse to land Ayala. Syracuse’s 2017 class already includes Bourama Sidibe, Marek Dolezaj, O’Shae Brissett, and Howard Washington. Ayala took an unofficial visit to Syracuse earlier this year (Feb. 13).

“If I feel like I can come in right away in ’17 and make an impact on the offensive end or defensive end, or just the game period, then that will go into consideration,” Ayala said. “People leave, people go, grad transfers all that goes into play in my decision.

Arizona, Oregon, Miami, Indiana, LSU, Kansas, Maryland, and UConn are among the other schools pursuing Ayala. Earlier this month, Ayala received an offer from Pittsburgh.

“Eric changes his mind like the weather,” Tom Espinosa, Ayala’s high school coach told 247Sports. “Sometimes he tells me that he’s definitely coming back. Then he’s going the next day. He doesn’t know right now. If it was up to me, I’d say come back, come back.

According to 247Sports, Ayala is ranked as the No. 2 combo guard and No. 63 overall player in the class of 2017.

I'll pass on Ayala. Lazy, quitter moniker likely to return with resistance and struggles.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems a bit harsh to judge a kid based on how he acted as a 14-15 year old. Sounds like he matured a lot since then (as most teenagers do) Also he did mention Indiana the interviewer just didn't follow up with an individual question.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

This kid seems flaky.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

“Eric changes his mind like the weather,” Tom Espinosa, Ayala’s high school coach told 247Sports. 

Maybe it's just hyperbole but that doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement to me. 

Seems a bit harsh to judge a kid based on how he acted as a 14-15 year old. Sounds like he matured a lot since then (as most teenagers do) Also he did mention Indiana the interviewer just didn't follow up with an individual question.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Eh. Idk. Lazy is a trait. Quitting is a trait. Some people embrace struggles and overcome and others quit, regardless of age.

I respect your thought but I would never recruit a quitter. Give me a junkyard dog.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, indianaranger said:

No Indiana mention think he has moved on.

He mentions Indiana among the schools recruiting him. The school specific questions were asked by the interviewer.

Uh, didn't Vijay Blackmon quit on St. Francis in mid-season?  Just pokin' the bear Wayne.

Apples and oranges.
Vijay is a walk on who is the younger brother of a recent player and the older brother of a five-star recruit. He is also from in state. Eric is an out-of-state kid that doesn't have a scholarship yet, and may not be worthy of one.

Uh, didn't Vijay Blackmon quit on St. Francis in mid-season?  Just pokin' the bear Wayne.

Fair thought.

When a girl cheats on her man with another man it's because she's a loser.

When a girl cheats on her man with you it's because you are extra special.

Idk the circumstances but this transition to IU with basketball or not may have been in the works for a while.

And like Stuhoo said he is a connected family member and using a walk on spot.

I'm still interested in the details though if we ever hear them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Apples and oranges.
Vijay is a walk on who is the younger brother of a recent player and the older brother of a five-star recruit. He is also from in state. Eric is an out-of-state kid that doesn't have a scholarship yet, and may not be worthy of one.

I say yea for Vijay....with some other motives behind the recruitment of little brother.  That kid is a stud ball player.