Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Valpo - 12/11 at 7:00 ET

Lady Hoosiers (6-3) entertain Valpo (4-4) at Assembly Hall.

BUSS CAN CLIMB THE BOOKS
Buss can continue to put her mark on the IU record books as she sits in reaching distance of a few categories. She continues to stand at No. 18 on the all-time scoring list with 1,165 points, just four points shy of moving into 17th (Linda Cunningham, 1,169) and eight points from 16th (Zan Jefferies, 1,173).  She is also just nine steals and 10 assists away from reaching the top 10 on both respective career lists. 

46 AND COUNTING 
Buss continues to reach new scoring heights as she extended her double-figure scoring streak to 46 games, with a double-double (14 points, 10 assists) on Thursday night against Northern Kentucky.  She extended her streak - which dates back to her freshman season - and marks the 64th overall game she's reached double figures - out of the 73 games played in her career. The current IU record stands at 49 consecutive double figure scoring games and is held by Karna Abram who did it between 1985-86 and 1986-87. 

Background Stuff

Game Notes

Stats - Live

Radio

TV: BTN2Go

I confuse everyone by posting an incorrect start time and then I miss the whole game because of a civic obligation!  :-(

Looking solely at the final stats, it looks like CTM should be in a better post-game mood today.

Ladies win 87-58 led by Gassion with 19, Cahill 16, Buss 12 and Elbert with 10 off the bench.  Cahill another double-double with 11 rebounds followed by Foresman off the bench with 6.  They shot the ball well and controlled the backboard and only committed 13 TO's.  They had 13 steals and scored 25 pts. off Valpo TO's.

In this game, the bench contributed 32 of our 87 pts. and 16 of our 39 total rebounds.  

Next up is Oakland at Assembly Hall on Saturday the 17th. 

Yes, I'd say CTM is in a better mood from this post-game quote:  "Great teams want to be coached, and average teams don't like to hear the truth. I like to consider ourselves a great team"

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart