Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holydipo4

Dan Dakich is an idiot

Is it just me, or am i the only one who absolutely can not STAND Dan Dakich, every game he covers IU he does nothing but go on and on about how bad we struggle and how damn great the other team is doing against us and blah blah blah. He even said at one point earlier this year we were only the number 4 team in the big ten, I understand he doesn't want to look like he is favoring IU because he went here, but come on. It seems like he's turned into an IU hater! Besides the fact, I really just can't stand his style when it comes to covering games. 

All that being said, I think tonight's loss may have been another good one, this will get Crean to focus us in on rebounding, and FREE THROWS. Another beneficial, and painless loss, especially since we still have sole possession of the conference. Just win the home games and hopefully be playing our best ball at Michigan and its all ours, worst case scenario is we share a portion of the conference title. 

I may be the only one but I like Dakich, he don't candy coat anything. Plus you can't deny the fact that he knows basketball, he should be coaching somewhere. The guy does his job good if not better than other analyist. He also has said IU, when playing well, is the best team in the Nation. Like Dakich says "Water finds its level."

All that being said, I think tonight's loss may have been another good one, this will get Crean to focus us in on rebounding, and FREE THROWS.

um, we went 20-24 from the stripe for 83.3%. a good measure better than MN's 19-27.

I like Dakich. I'm kind of a smartass myself, and I think his arrogance is more him trying to be ironic than anything.  He knows his stuff when it comes to basketball and I think more than anything he does a good job of giving IU the credit they deserve despite running the risk of being a homer (which he often is accused of). I think he always tells like it is, or at least how he thinks it is. And as far as him ranking IU 4th in the B1G at one point this season, he always tweets out his B1G rankings of the week based on how teams played in that week alone. It's likely that he ranked us 4th during a week of a loss, while others like Mich or MSU did well.  With all that being said, I can see how he comes off as a jerk and may not be well received by many.  He is definitely a handful during his telecasts but I generally enjoy listening to him.

I'm a big Dakich fan and thankful for the difficult house cleaning that he did after the Sampson debacle. He is definitely wrong at times, but still one of the best analysts out there.

Holydipo4 is the kind of IU fan DD BLASTS on his show and for good reason it seems after that post. Know what you're talking about before you talk about DD saying we're 4th in B1G. And seriously about the FTs last night? I'm not sure what better % you want out of a team.

Holydipo4 is the kind of IU fan DD BLASTS on his show and for good reason it seems after that post. Know what you're talking about before you talk about DD saying we're 4th in B1G. And seriously about the FTs last night? I'm not sure what better % you want out of a team.

I was referring to the 3 free throws we missed at the end of the game that would have gave us a shot at the end, not our overall percentage

DD is the best analyst out there.  He is by far my favorite.  Some fans hate it when DD tells it like it is rather then kiss IU's a$$ all the time.

Dakitch is an idiot, way too unbiased for a reporter. reports the same crap every game. More annoying that Teddy Valentine!!

That is why he is not a reporter. He is a radio show host/personality and a color commentator. I understand why people may not like the guy but that is probablly the same reason I like the guy.

I personally like hearing Dakich call games. IU's record hasn't been the greatest since he has been calling them, but I think he provides a level of amusement most announcers don't give. I love when he gets on a player for dogging it on the court or in practice. He's not trying to be anyone's friend on there (see Bo Ryan post game interview).

Radio personalities (a la Howard Stern) have made CAREERS off people hating them. A study was done regarding the Howard Stern show and it was something like people who HATED him listened to his show twice as long as people who loved him. Just goes to show that people will listen and pay attention trying to find a spot where people slip up. Dakich knows this, and is using it against you!

DD tells it like it is. You have to respect that. I don't always agree with his comments but you have to love his candid comments. I would much rather hear him than all the others that are always politically correct. He knows his basketball.