Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Foster Farms Bowl Pregame Thread

I love the matchup! This will be a great test for our defense and a measuring stick to how good we are against a top 20 team that isn't in the B1G. It's one thing playing top ranked B1G rivals close, but it means nothing if we cannot take that high level of play and apply it against a non-familiar opponent. Do we play over our heads against OSU and Michigan? Or are we really that good a team and be able to beat Utah?

I love the challenge! Coach Allen will have our boys ready!

On 12/4/2016 at 5:57 PM, Magnanimous said:

Great memory to pull that out of the air.  Vinny is a doppelganger of my cousin Johnny from Queens.  They really do talk like that there.

Bowl Media Saturday

http://yi.nzc.am/d8Ch7I

Hopefully this works. Interview with CTA about upcoming bowl and comments on coaching philosophy.

This is from IU app if it doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good stuff out of the CTA interview. Mentioned that Camion Patrick is still not 100% recovered ("not the same player as when I first got here"). Said Camion likely needs a full offseason to recover. CTA stated firmly that Camion is an RB and that they've talked about that for next year.

Happy to hear we are going back to the basics with special teams.

Based on recruiting it sounds like CTA wants to keep the offensive staff intact, and for us to have a running identity. I am very curious to see how the offense looks against Utah. Utah has an active and physical front seven. Running the ball will not be easy.

I am excited to see how Johns calls the plays. Red zone offense has been out weakness. Maybe Johns can be an upgrade in this aspect.

It sounds like recently promoted QB coach Shawn Watson will have some influence on the game plan as well. He has big program play-calling experience. He is now able to instruct on the practice field. It may be beneficial to get a fresh set of eyes and a new voice instructing Lagow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app