Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akhosrof

Tom Allen Hired as IU Head Football Coach

How about the fact that he nearly cried when talking about the position? What an incredible and motivational journey. Coach Allen understands the responsibility of being the head coach of IUFB and everything that comes with that. Mentoring young men, helping high school football in the state develop. Only a matter of time until we start locking down these in-state kids.

A Hoosier through and through.

I think the big question that remains: what happens with the offense? Is Johns kept on as OC to call plays? Do we get a veteran OC to have complete control over the offense so Coach Allen can handle the defense? (Any ideas for OC?)

Coach Allen was tight lipped what will happen with the staff after the bowl game. Just said everyone is staying on until then. I hope we can keep Hagen, Frey and McCullough.

I loved how Coach Allen said he will leverage his background as a special teams coach to ensure we improve there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Logically thinking... Ole Miss has co-offensive coordinators and Hugh Freeze calls the plays. Dan Werner (QB coach and co-OC) is a name to keep an eye on. Lots of experience and was on the same staff as Coach Allen for a few years in Oxford.

With that said, this bowl game will be an awesome opportunity for Kevin Johns calling the plays. Watch us hang 50 points and Johns shows he should have been calling the plays all along

Logically thinking... Ole Miss has co-offensive coordinators and Hugh Freeze calls the plays. Dan Werner (QB coach and co-OC) is a name to keep an eye on. Lots of experience and was on the same staff as Coach Allen for a few years in Oxford.

You think he would leave Ole Miss though? I think if he goes and gets a new offensive coordinator he will look at smaller programs. I like Helton at Western Kentucky; has done a great job there and did a good job at Cincinnati before that.

You think he would leave Ole Miss though?

No idea. Just throwing out a name of a coach with connections to Allen. Maybe Werner would want to call plays and be the only OC?

I do like the smaller program approach as well. I'm excited to see how Johns does calling plays in the bowl game.

Assuming we had to make a coaching move - I love the hire. Also assuming he showed a lot of class and vision his one year on the staff helped Glass make the decision.

Loved his passion during the presser. Think he can be a great ambassador for the school.

Sure hope he wins here.

Just watched the press conference loved what Tom Allen had to say. I think he and Crean are much more compatible and I'm sorry at a school like IU that can only help the football team. 

Love the fact he is so connected with Indiana coaches. 

Oh yeah for people wondering special teams at Ole Miss got better each year under him. He's not just a defensive guru guy just gets football. 

Would love for Clemson and Washington to choke this weekend and help set us up with a game against UK. What a chance to start his career as a head coach

Welcome Coach Allen!  We love what you did with the defense this year and you are a big reason why we are even going bowling at all. 

Great enthusiasm, football knowledge, character, and  Indiana roots are a lot to like in our new coach. I for one am excited by this hire and can't wait to see what the Coach Allen era brings for IU football! Now let's go win a bowl game, build our staff, and get some new recruits!