Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IU OVER unc POST GAME THREAD

12 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

We were up double digits almost the whole game. We just beat two legit top 5 teams. I don't see how we are not the hands down favorite to win the big ten.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Its us or Wisconsin.  I think everybody pretty much agrees with that.  Before the season people had put Purdue and MSU up there, but both have shown not to have the horses to win the big games.  Purdue because of bad roster construction and MSU because of injuries. 

Its us or Wisconsin.  I think everybody pretty much agrees with that.  Before the season people had put Purdue and MSU up there, but both have shown not to have the horses to win the big games.  Purdue because of bad roster construction and MSU because of injuries. 

MSU is very young. Oh should be in the top 2 batting barring any major injuries.

Who were those guys playing defense wearing white shirts? Haven't seen them since last year! Holding NC to 67 (and less than 40% shooting) was IMO the biggest achievement of the night. And it was all virtually m2m, that 2-3 zone that got us back into the game at Ft. Wayne got shredded and scrapped quickly. Even Blackmon played decent D, although Crean was smart enough to get him out in the offense-defense subbing at the end of the game. RoJo, Morgan, OG and Bryant are just monsters on defense. Newkirk is usually quick enough to make up for his shortcomings. And OMG, Davis is going to be a monster. He's smooth, he's tough, and he's even-tempered. I wouldn't trade him for any other freshman big man. 

Yeah, our current reputation is built on the fact that we are a fast-paced scoring team. But I think the secret weapon we have is the Big D. I said after the Ft. Wayne game that we had a darn good team, and that the one loss didn't change that. With wins over NC and Kansas, our resume for a high seed come March is already pretty impressive.

I am encouraged. But I'd like to suggest OG get a bionic ankle next off-season.

Jeff Goodman…what a tool.

"Indiana beats North Carolina--without all that much difficulty. Maybe I will put the Hoosiers back at No. 1…JUST KIDDING #BBN"

I think this was more of a jab at Kentucky fans than IU. ESPN had us ranked #1 in their power rankings before IPFW and Kentucky fans lost it.

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

But we hit big threes against kansas to get us to the finish. I won't take anything from the two big wins and we did beat kansas on neutral court but I feel we lost last night if not for home advantage. Just need to fix a couple things and they can be good. Better d on the inside post and free throws and try to cut turnovers then they can be special

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Kansas and UNC are two of the teams being chalked up as Final Four teams. We are no gimmick. Doesn't mean we can't improve, but we're beating the other Final Four contenders. Really doesn't matter how we're doing it. And homecourt advantage certainly helps the win, but it's hard to say it accounts for a (edit: nearly. sorry, at work after a double digit hours redeye) double digit win.

Don't really think the argument that would lose the game away from home holds much water. We were winning by 10-13 points pretty consistently throughout the game. 

The question in my mind is whether they can bring that intensity without tons of screaming fans charging them up. 

I am surprised to see criticism of Newkirk, as from what I've seen he looks solid to me. Sure, he's not Yogi, but who is? I'm hopeful he will get up to speed as a result of non conference play and have improved decision making for conference play. Sort of related, while OG's ankle injury is obviously a bummer, the silver lining will be more playing time for Green, CUJO, Davis to get up to speed. 

There is still so so much room for this team to get better, you can see they're oozing potential. Of course, this is the year IU has a shot at the Final Four and I will be studying in Europe during conference season (first world problems). 

Go Hoosiers!

Great to see our Hoosiers back in the national conversation. I still have an adrenaline rush-------Anybody besides me have an extra spring in their step and a bigger smile than usual today? Feels good to be a Hoosier----praying for good news on OG!

Instead of jumping the normal five feet in the air today I jumped ten feet thanks to the extra spring.

10 minutes ago, KelleyHoosh said:

Don't really think the argument that would lose the game away from home holds much water. We were winning by 10-13 points pretty consistently throughout the game. 

The question in my mind is whether they can bring that intensity without tons of screaming fans charging them up. 

I am surprised to see criticism of Newkirk, as from what I've seen he looks solid to me. Sure, he's not Yogi, but who is? I'm hopeful he will get up to speed as a result of non conference play and have improved decision making for conference play. Sort of related, while OG's ankle injury is obviously a bummer, the silver lining will be more playing time for Green, CUJO, Davis to get up to speed. 

There is still so so much room for this team to get better, you can see they're oozing potential. Of course, this is the year IU has a shot at the Final Four and I will be studying in Europe during conference season (first world problems). 

Go Hoosiers!

Let's just hope we don't peak too early we need to peak at the right time and I think eventually everybody will be able to get on the same page and be able to gel together.

We didn't get the typical homer calls one would expect.

I think since we jumped on them so much the refs called it the other way slightly to keep it close. I think if we were struggling we would have gotten more of the 50/50 calls because it's human nature.

That said,
Assembly Hall is a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners