Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Diamont leaving the team

14 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I get it and honestly do not blame him. But, he could get the crap knocked out of him in the bowl game or could have happened in the PUke game. . If concerned about concussions why not just quit? 

Finish what you started. Seems like the type of motto he would live by at least. 

Finish what you started. Seems like the type of motto he would live by at least. 

Did you read the article? He graduates this spring and due to some concussions and the way he plays he is ready to move on. Seems reasonable to me.

"I’ve had a lot of concussions in my career, a lot of which were in high school." Man I would've hung it up a long time ago if I was in that situation. I get the love of the game and everything, but my brain's one thing I wouldn't put at risk. It's just not worth having your brain turn to mush in your 40s like some of the former players we see.  

This was his Response a few weeks back when asked about transferring somewhere where he could play.

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1480284106.353979.jpg

Some might question if his leaving after the year is going against this but I don't. He did not want to go be a QB somewhere else, he wanted to be at Indiana even as a back up. He will graduate and is ready to move on. Concussions just led him to this decision a little early but when you play with reckless abandon more concussions are imminent.

I don't blame him with concussions. I was forced to call it quits in college after my freshman year. Most of mine came in HS. Thanks to wrestling, that's where most came from but my worst one was JR year of football when I woke up in the hospital. Wasn't allowed to do any contact sports for 8mths. Eventually passed baseline again and came back and played SR year. Unfortunately had a few smaller ones in college and had to call it quits. Migraines..... Headaches.... And memory lapses back then at 19-20 years is a scary thing. Don't blame him. Best of luck with his future endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Where and what do the transfer comments have to do with. If you're done because of concussions, what does that have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I may have misread some of the posts thinking they were suggesting Diamonte was quitting on his team. My post was intending to show that he has been all in for Indiana. Instead of transferring to play more he was willing to stay and be a backup and that is not indicative of a quitter.

I may have misread some of the posts thinking they were suggesting Diamonte was quitting on his team. My post was intending to show that he has been all in for Indiana. Instead of transferring to play more he was willing to stay and be a backup and that is not indicative of a quitter.

No I agree he is everything you want a hoosier to be. He was all in day one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Did you read the article? He graduates this spring and due to some concussions and the way he plays he is ready to move on. Seems reasonable to me.

No that wasn't what I was implying. The previous poster asked if he was so concerned of the concussions why not just call it now and not play the last 2 games, and I was stating that he didn't seem like the type of person to not finish out the season.

The following was a tweet from Eric Sondheimer who has covered high school sports for the Los Angeles Times since 1997 and in Southern California since 1976.

"Don't be surprised if Indiana QB Zander Diamont returns to Venice High in the fall as QB coach. His brother, Luca, will be top sophomore."

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The following was a tweet from Eric Sondheimer who has covered high school sports for the Los Angeles Times since 1997 and in Southern California since 1976.

"Don't be surprised if Indiana QB Zander Diamont returns to Venice High in the fall as QB coach. His brother, Luca, will be top sophomore."

Is Luca any good?