Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IPFW Post Game Thread

I can't get over that last "play". What in the world was that Crean? That play had no chance. Let's throw the ball 80 feet with 9 guys on the same side of the court and hope something happens? Unbelievable. 

I have 3 plays that had a better chance than what Crean drew up. 

Ugh. 

I can't get over that last "play". What in the world was that Crean? That play had no chance. Let's throw the ball 80 feet with 9 guys on the same side of the court and hope something happens? Unbelievable. 

I have 3 plays that had a better chance at what Crean drew up. 

Ugh. 

Closing your eyes and throwing in the direction of your basket has as good of a chance as anything I've seen ran.

It's frustrating for us when we know what's coming. Do the players not have confidence in the play? Feel defeated before they run it? It's happened across many different Crean teams.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Closing your eyes and throwing in the direction of your basket has as good of a chance as anything I've seen ran.

It's frustrating for us when we know what's coming. Do the players not have confidence in the play? Feel defeated before they run it? It's happened across many different Crean teams.

It really has and i'm surprised not many people are talking about this!! This is probably the 4th or 5th time that this has happened in his time here at IU. Does Crean not practice late game situations in practice? Every coach needs to..

It really has and i'm surprised not many people are talking about this!! This is probably the 4th or 5th time that this has happened in his time here at IU. Does Crean not practice late game situations in practice? Every coach needs to..

Yeah we joked while watching that we have a very consistent late game in bound play and sure enough we seemed to run it to perfection again. Just have to figure out how to get it to one of our guys

Agree with all the assessments that these games are needed. As an Indiana State grad, it's good for both schools. Need them to keep the Hoosiers grounded, good for the Sycamores to get a game with a team from a bigger conference.

Sent from my S7 using the BtownBanners App.

Looking at program.

Crean all time records

Charlotte 4-6
Cincinnati 6-7
Duke 1-2
Georgetown 2-4
Illinois 7-8
Iowa 7-7
IPFW 3-1
Kansas 1-1
Kentucky 4-4
Louisville 8-11
Maryland 2-3
Michigan 8-5
Michigan St 3-12
Minnesota 7-9
Nebraska 5-4
North Carolina 1-2
Notre dame 7-5
Northwestern 6-8
Ohio State 5-9
Penn State 8-7
Purdue 5-8
Rutgers 5-1
Syracuse 0-4
TCU 3-4
Villanova 3-1
Wake Forest 1-3
Wisconsin 5-19

Wow.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'd also add in some off ball screens to open up the lanes to throw the defense off! Right now all you have to do is stay w/ your man and help on defense. There isn't enough confusion!
There is way to much offensive talent and not many teams in the country should be able slow us down, especially IPFW!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd also like to see much more of Green running the point (not starting, but more minutes) and less of Morgan at the point!!

I am totally with you on JMor and Green

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This loss stung me badly. It was unexpected. Great game by IPFW, they really wanted it more. They were inspired and motivated.

I hope it stung the team as well. I hope this burns for awhile. No excuse not to come ready to play and bury a team like this. Hope this motivates them, pushes someone into being a vocal leader and taking charge of this team.

Miss seeing Yogi run the show.

I agree we need a leader, but to blane it on Yogi being gone is not right. He gave us 4 years of good to great play, but, only the senior season as the true vocal ,and sourutual lead dog. Thus is a coaching failure to not develop this man.

Still not over this one but more concerned with how I seen it coming. We have to get tough. I was there last night and jbj flexing to the crowd and being burnt back on d is inexcusable and should have been dealt with immediately and Bryant laying on floor last couple games wanting foul and being a baby is pathetic should be dealt with hope crean addresses these issues but I have doubts. In person they looked terrible need to watch dvr to see if same on tv. Hope they enjoy Holliday then they have work to do

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree we need a leader, but to blane it on Yogi being gone is not right. He gave us 4 years of good to great play, but, only the senior season as the true vocal ,and sourutual lead dog. Thus is a coaching failure to not develop this man.

Agreed. Just miss seeing him direct traffic. Watching him lead last year was great. I'm hoping TB takes a leadership role. Well, I guess I don't really care who takes the lead, but somebody needs to. I'm not sure where Blackmon will fit in from a leadership standpoint. TB is more animated so it's seems it would be in his nature IMO.

Looking at program.

Crean all time records

Charlotte 4-6
Cincinnati 6-7
Duke 1-2
Georgetown 2-4
Illinois 7-8
Iowa 7-7
IPFW 3-1
Kansas 1-1
Kentucky 4-4
Louisville 8-11
Maryland 2-3
Michigan 8-5
Michigan St 3-12
Minnesota 7-9
Nebraska 5-4
North Carolina 1-2
Notre dame 7-5
Northwestern 6-8
Ohio State 5-9
Penn State 8-7
Purdue 5-8
Rutgers 5-1
Syracuse 0-4
TCU 3-4
Villanova 3-1
Wake Forest 1-3
Wisconsin 5-19

Wow.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

MSU, pu, Wiscy are what I consider the "grind it out, physical" teams of the B1G. Crean is 13-39 or 25% against those teams. That tells you a lot about a certain style that is Crean's kryptonite.

I enjoy the up and down fast paced style as much as the next basketball fan. However, if this is the one and only style you can win with you need a trump card to force this style. Why we've never seen a solid press or pressure defense from Crean teams still baffles me.

I've heard Crean endlessly talk about wanting to get in transition, "bring fatigue to the game", and get to the free throw line but he does nothing to force that. We have a good rotation of 9-10 players and possibly more later in the season. We have some athletic guards and wings that could fit this style but we sit back. In my opinion, this is one of about 3-4 things Crean needs to incorporate to continue to develop as a coach.